Saturday, December 15, 2007

a week in review

Beginning a week ago tonight, we have had a thousand Christmas parties/events.  Ok, so maybe not a thousand, but it's gotta be close.

Last Friday night, I had my work Christmas party.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We revealed our Secret Santas.  We drew names back in August and have had fun ever since giving secret gifts to that person.  We had a price limit for the final gift & everyone had fun finding out who their secret friend was all this time.  It was neat to get to see a bunch of preschool teachers in a different environment, all dressed up & having fun together.

Last Saturday was the Christmas parade, which you've already heard about & seen pictures of.

Sunday was Samuel's baptism, which made for a big day for us.  We had relatives in from out of town and we all enjoyed a nice meal together after church Sunday morning.

Monday night was the church staff/leadership Christmas party.  We played a couple of silly games, had a catered meal and enjoyed fellowship with the other pastors & leadership individuals.

Tuesday night was our final DivorceCare4Kids class and the kids had choir practice at church.  (Larry & I, along with another lady from church, teach the DC4K class on Wednesday nights and this was the final session for this semester.)

Wednesday night was our all-church Christmas party/banquet.  Savannah was a server with the other youth kids.  Larry & I worked the ticket table at the front door with the other staff wives.  It was a really nice, fancy meal at a pretty place with a jazz band to entertain us.  It was all good & nice...but at 8:40, Savannah & I snuck out because it was already way past bedtime and we needed to get the other 2 kids from childcare & get home.  Larry ended up staying until pretty late helping close the place down & clean up.

Last night, Thursday, Larry went to Houston to attend his cousin's college graduation.  He drove down & spent the night w/ his uncle and they attended the graduation this morning.  Back at home, I took Samuel to/from Cub Scouts & bought all the stuff for Sarah's class Christmas party (which was today).  I also returned a Christmas gift (remember the one Samuel found in Larry's closet....) and bought Sarah a pair of PJs because today was pajama day at her school.

Tonight was our first night to do NOTHING & we relished it.  Larry didn't make it home until after 8:00.  Savannah went home from school w/ a friend so she was not with us, so Samuel, Sarah & I went to the video store & checked out a stack of Christmas movies.  We got a couple we've seen before (The Santa Clause 3 & Jingle All the Way) and a couple we've never seen (Blizzard & Bah! Humduck!).  I also checked out 2 movies for Larry & I to watch that I've been wanting to see (License to Wed and Premonition).  Luckily the kid movies are all cheap, so it wasn't too bad on the price.

After all was said & done, I went grocery shopping at 9:00 tonight.  I think we're finally done with all the Christmas shopping....well, all that's going to get done anyway.  ha ha!  The only ones left are family kids (nieces & nephews) who've said they just want money.  We can handle that...write a check & stick it in an envelope....poof...done!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm supposed to have a reunion Christmas party for the day care where I worked these past 2 years but I just don't think I have it in me to go.  I really do love everyone who will be there, but I've kept in touch with most of them AND we have another party to go to tomorrow night that we really need/want to be at.  In the morning, we'll go pick up Savannah from her friend's house and take the kids to the store to buy the angel tree gifts for our church angel tree, then come home & try to go into somewhat of a Christmas coma for a couple hours (aka:  naptime!) and then get up & go to the party in the evening.  Thank God for the crockpot which will take care of my roast for me all day long tomorrow!!!!

Whew........I think I'm going to sign off now.  After all, it's only 1am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew, you made me tired just reading how busy your week has been. It seems like this next week will be a busy one for me...I'm Room Mom for both girls classes and we have parties, and student of the month assemblies, etc, etc. LOL.

Get a nap and stay well!
Darcy