Sunday, January 13, 2008

Books

1. One book that changed your life.
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  It was *the* book that convinced me to begin reading fiction again.  And on top of that, the message is so powerful, that you can't read it & miss it.  It is the story of the book of Hosea (from the Bible) re-written with in a modern language, set in the California Goldrush time period.  I am NOT usually a historical fiction person, but the story in this book is far too powerful to miss simply because of the time period.

2. One book that you have read more than once.
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian.  Actually, this fits the category for question #1, too.  I have re-read several parts of it numerous times.  Life & marriage-changing, I tell ya!

3. One book you would want on a desert island.
The Bible, particularly my NIV Life Applications Study Bible.

4. Two books that made you laugh.
All my Baby Blues comic strip books.  I have had a bunch of them over the years.

5. One book that made you cry.
Everything I have read by Karen Kingsbury.  Seriously, I cry while reading every single one!

6. One book you wish you'd written.
I can't think of one.

7. One book you wish had never been written.
I can't think of one for this, either.

8. Two books you are currently reading.
If it's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother by Anita Renfroe (a funny book by a Christian comedian about mother/daughter relationships)
and
A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury

9. One book you've been meaning to read.
Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado

10. Five people that I tag:
Ivy, Terri, Alyssa, Darcy & Suzanne

No comments: