Saturday, January 5, 2008

Samuel's sweet note & Taco Soup recipe

Tonight for supper, I made some Taco Soup.  I used to make it fairly often but we haven't had it in ages, so I pulled the recipe out & now I remember why we loved it so much!!!  If ya want to try it, I'm including the recipe here.  But don't forget to scroll further down & read Samuel's sweet letter I found on his bed tonight.

Taco Soup
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 can chili with beans
1 can whole kernel corn (drained) + 1 can of water
1 (5oz) can sliced black olives, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
 
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or skillet.  Stir well.  Heat until boiling.  Ladel into bowls.  Top with a spoonful of sour cream & a handful of Frito's.
 
YUM!!!!!!!
 
 
Now for Samuel's sweet letter.  He has a spiral notebook he writes in.  He mostly writes songs that are goofy & cornball, but oh so Samuel.  Those are cute, too, but I loved this.  Like I did with Sarah's chore list in the other post, I'm leaving his spelling so you can see why I thought it was so cute.  (NOTE:  Samuel mixes up the tr- sound with the ch- sound, so keep that in mind as you read this.)
 
"I wound never chrade my family.  I love my family.  I wod not chrade them for one melyened dollers."
 
I don't know who this was for, but I love it!  How sweet is that?!

No comments: