Thursday, January 24, 2008

riddle for you

Question:  What do you get when a construction crew drills a hole into the water main?

Answer:  A day off, lunch with your sweetie & time to do the dishes & make the grocery list!

Turns out, sometime this morning, a construction crew accidentally boared into a water main near my work & messed up our water supply.  Since we could only get a tiny trickle of water from the faucets and the toilets wouldn't flush, we had to shut down for the day.  You should've seen the traffic jam in the parking lot with all the parents having to take their kids back home before they ever really got them dropped off!  What a mess!

The upside is that since I didn't get to use today's lesson plan for today & the supplies are all in my classroom, set up & ready to go, I can just walk in & use it all tomorrow---no prep time!  The downside is that since I wasn't there, I don't get paid.  Bummer.

This is the school where I work:

Oh...and on a side note, is it normal for children to be able to put their entire fist into their mouth?  (shrugging shoulders)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


  Does this say anything about the kids in our family?  I mean, the size of the mouths?  I'm sure they didn't get it from their Grandma.  Must have been weak genes on the father's side.