Friday, March 20, 2009

Clearly we have toothbrush issues over here.

Last week, we all went to the dentist & had our teeth cleaned. The dentist gave everyone a new toothbrush. When we got home, we realized that we ALL had gotten the same size/type of toothbrush. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. The toothbrushes were FREE after all, but it's just odd (to me) that a couple of 8 year olds would get the same size toothbrush as an adult. I suppose they all do the same job, but I wanted something a little more sizable myself. Oh well, I thought. I'll just use it. No big deal.

Ok, so a week goes by & I'm still unhappy with my new (free!) toothbrush. Last night when I went to the grocery store, I planned to buy myself a new one. On my way out, Larry asked me to get him one, too. He too, was not entirely pleased with the little kid-size brush he'd received.

I went to the store & bought a 2 pack of toothbrushes in a more adult-sized variety. They were 2 different colors, so I figured it would be easy to tell them apart. When I got home, I told Larry:

"ok, there are 2 toothbrushes. One is YELLOW & one is GREEN. I'm going to use the YELLOW one. If you can't remember, just think of me...your sunshine, your light, the yellow-bellied, pansy wife of yours."

Fast forward an hour. I went to brush my teeth before bed & found the YELLOW toothbrush was wet. Hmm...apparently hubby didn't understand my word association game that I'd instructed him in. Ok, so I'll use the GREEN one then! I made a mental note that I no longer "owned" the YELLOW one & was officially switching to the GREEN. I used the green toothbrush & went to bed. Larry was already snoring, so I couldn't tell him about the error he'd made.

This morning, we took the kids to school & then I came back to finish getting ready before work. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. You know what? The GREEN toothbrush was wet & laying next to the sink (obviously used by my sweetie this morning). When I quit feeling frustrated (about 20 seconds later), I had a good laugh and thought to myself "ok, I've gotta nail him down on which one he wants to use!". I ended up using the YELLOW toothbrush & got out the door to work.

Tonight, Larry went into the bathroom to take a shower & brush his teeth. He came to the door & said "Liz? Which one of these toothbrushes did you say was mine?"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Faye M. said...

Men! I say next time you go to the store, get yourself a pink one and it will be safe.

Jennifer said...

Have you figured it out yet? Really Larry was using the free one and dipping the other two in the toilet. Hee Hee!