Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Samuel!

I posted this last year & can't figure out a better way to share Samuel's birth story with you. Take a look & enjoy the day our sweet boy was born with me.

Samuel,
I can't imagine having only little girls in my house. Sure, I love the frilly ruffled tights of baby girls & the pink fingernail polish & teddy bears and all the things that go along with having little ladies. But what would my life be without trucks & cars & pocketknives & dirty little fingernails? A life without burps & fart noises & butt jokes? A life without constant noises & silly stories? Oh yes..... it would be pretty sad indeed.

I love it when you crawl into bed with me in the early morning & tell me that my breath smells like roses.....and when you snuggle into the crook of my arm at 4:30am to ask if you can go watch cartoons yet.....and when you tell me that I'm NOT fat or old or whatever other not-so-nice thing comes up that I'm thinking about myself. I love it when you tell me I make the very best PB&J ever.....and when you tell me jokes that make me roll my eyes or laugh hysterically.

You are such a sweet treasure. I love you!! Happy Birthday baby boy! I can't believe it's already been 9 years!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

terri said...

I forgot that he and Mali have the same b'day....ahhh......Happy Birthday Samuel. :)