Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's back to work I go!

Today was fun. I stayed home with Samuel so he could recover from surgery.

In advance, we had the teachers send us his school work for Wed-Fri because I wasn't sure how long he'd need to stay home. After taking the girls to school this morning, I learned why it is that I teach preschool & not third grade. I don't see homeschooling in my future, either. I did find it intriguing that we finished 3 days' worth of make up work in 2 hours. Sure, it was a not-so-fun 2 hours, but we got it done.

We watched a movie together when we were done. Hotel for Dogs is a fairly new release & we loved it. The basic premise is that 2 foster kids with a love for dogs start finding strays & taking care of them in an old abandoned hotel. A few friends join in....and a few more dogs....and before you know it, you've got an empty building with a few dozen dogs inside. The younger of the 2 foster kids is a mechanical genius & he builds all sorts of contraptions to feed the dogs when the kids are gone, a potty device that collects their...umm....waste products & disposes of it. It's really a fun movie that elementary through young teens will love. I don't think there was anything inappropriate in the movie, so I'll give it 2 thumbs up.

When the movie was over, that's when the true surgical recovery happened. I made lunch in the kitchen while my 9 year old (remember: surgery YESTERDAY) son moved the 2 couches (by himself!) to the sides of our coffee table so we could sit & eat together. Hmm....I wonder if he's feeling better?

A couple of hours later when the doctor's office called to check on how he's doing, I glanced over & saw his actions & said "Well....at the moment, he's doing jumping jacks and singing." The nurse cracked up and said, "Yes, I think he's better!".

And so......I'm whistling the 7 Dwarfs tune.....Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's BACK to work I go.

And ya know what? I can't wait. I love my job!

1 comment:

SandyL said...

I just have to say that is the art of homeschooling that you don't spend all day doing school work like the public schools do and you can get out and enjoy life :)