Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anyone know?

Over a year ago, we had a ton of viruses removed from our computer when it crashed. Leading up to the crash, I had trouble with pop ups (to the tune of hundreds of them). Lately, I'm having trouble w/ pop ups from blogspot sites. I've reset my AOL pop up controls because I only have the problem when I go through AOL's browser. When I use Firefox I don't have a problem at all.

If it doesn't help (the controls being reset), I may switch over to reading blogspot sites strictly through Firefox. BUT....I don't know how to set up favorites on Firefox. Can someone tell me?

5 comments:

wjcollier3 said...

if you want something easier than either of those options, use google reader. it will check for updates and gather all the sites you regularly check. you just have to check one place. you can read the updated contents directly in reader. if you want to view the contents in their native format, just click the item and you link over to the site. it is easy to set up, but i will be glad to help you sometime.

Nathan said...

Is there a way to create an html file of your favorites from your AOL browser? I've never used that browser. If the answer is yes, then here is how you would import them into Firefox:

On the firefox menu, click Bookmarks
Then click Organize Bookmarks...
In the bookmark window that opens, click Import and Backup
Then click on Import HTML and follow the instructions.


By the way, I also use an RSS reader to follow my blogs, but I use Outlook because that is my email tool.

SandyL said...

I have had the same problem in blogs.. I even downloaded something called Defender from Microsoft and it worked at first but now the pop ups are coming back again

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

I agree, Google Reader is the way to go. However, I use Firefox exclusively as my browser now and I am so happy with it. Your favorites are called bookmarks in Firefox. Just click on Bookmarks, then Bookmark this Page. You can create folders & all that too.

Anonymous said...

At the top of the bar where file is go across to bookmarks. It's the same thing! Tricia:)