Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese

I posted this on Facebook, but I know some of the folks who read my blog aren't FB devotees, so I'm sharing it here, too.

This was last night's supper & ohhhhhhh so yummy. Enjoy!


1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can cream of potato soup, undiluted (original recipe calls for 2/3 c. of this, but I used the whole can)
1 c. milk
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
5-6 medium red potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced (original recipe called for 8, but I used 5-6 & it seemed like plenty)
3 c. fully cooked, cubed ham (I used the full 3 cups, but I think it might've been a little too much. You could probably go with 2 to 2 1/2 cups & it would be fine.)
1 c. shredded Mozzarella
2 c. shredded Cheddar, divided

In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add the potatoes, ham & cheese (reserve 1 c. of cheddar); toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9 pan. Bake uncovered at 350 for 65-70 min. or until bubbly & potatoes are tender.

I pulled it out about 5 min before it was due to be finished to check the potatoes & threw on the remaining cheese so it was all gooey & melty when I pulled it out at the end of the cooking time. Can you say "comfort food"? :)

5 comments:

Mel said...

sounds yummmy =]

i might have to use this soon!! ive been looking for something new to make, and i've never tackled scalloped potatos before.

Brenda said...

I love this dish, its such a comfort food :)

Jamey said...

Yum, can't wait to try it!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

It sounds good. Thanks for your thoughts on what worked for you. I am so glad you posted it for TMTT.

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Sounds really good with all the ingredients my family likes.