Saturday, June 9, 2012

A picture is worth 1000 words!

As I mentioned in last night's post, Samuel left for Boy Scout camp on Sunday. He returns home tomorrow evening. There is ZERO cell phone reception where he is so the contraband cell phone he snuck into his bag is useless there. Needless to say, I have not heard ANYTHING from him since he pulled out of the church parking lot last weekend.

Tonight, one of the dads who went to camp posted this picture to Facebook on the troop's private page. I had to giggle. For 3 reasons.

1. Sam has his trademark smudge of breakfast/lunch/supper on the side of his mouth. He *always* walks around like this until I point it out & either do the mama cleaning (ya know...lick my thumb & wipe it off) or I send him to clean his face. It's always in the exact same spot, in the corner where he wipes his mouth with his dominant right hand & smears it down toward his chin. I have to laugh because, considering that he's at camp with a bunch of men & boys, there's a good chance that smudge has been there since Monday. ha ha!!!

2. He idolizes his daddy. Fortunately, he's got an amazing dad who is worth all the weight he gives him. Larry has always got a pen or two in his pocket. His job has him constantly writing down little details or interviewing someone where he's taking notes, so he's always ready to write. Do you see what Samuel has in his pocket? He hasn't seen Larry in a week, but he always has a little bit of his daddy in his head, heart...or pocket!

3. I can almost taste the exhaustion. The look on his face says it all. You know the one, the look that says "I could fall over right here & sleep for 3 days." I know it's exhaustion from a week of FUN! I can't wait to get him home & hear about all the adventures and cool stuff he's done this week. They're leaving at 6am to start the drive home. We should see him by suppertime.

Sometimes a picture really does say 1000 words. This one speaks at least 4 --- I love this boy!

(Faces of the other boys have been covered to protect their identity.)

No comments: