Sunday, April 16, 2006

Saturday April 15 PM

The visit went well today.  Kourtney wanted me to go w/ her, so I took the kids back to see G.  Larry stayed in the waiting room with the other kids.  The reality of the whole situation sorta hits ya square in the face when you are sitting in a room with a bunch of men in striped uniforms, watching them talk on a little phone through a glass window from their families.  Although I'm happy to see that everyone being visited there seemed to have people who were happy about seeing them, it's just sad to have to experience that at all.  Andrew & Kourtney were not the only children there.  There was a darling little boy, about 2 years old, sitting next to us talking to his dad.
After our visit, we went to my FIL's house & let the kids play there while FIL helped Larry fix something on his trailer.  The kids seem very well adjusted & understand the difference between being there to visit & staying there like they had before.  They gathered up another few toys & some CD-Roms to bring home with us.  I went out & peeked through a storage shed where they had some stuff stored.  Kourtney said there was a box of toys in there & wanted to go in & see if she could find them.  In looking around, I was hoping to find a box with their baby books in it, but never did.  I did, however, find a box of their clothes, some shaped cake pans (which Kourtney said her mom had bought, but that she wanted me to bring them home & make her a cake in them), a box of pictures (yahoo---we wanted to find some baby pictures of them!) and a couple other small items.  I'm glad we decided to look for those toys...it was sorta like looking through a treasure chest & finding little things they had missed.  Hopefully we can look a little more thoroughly later.  I'm still determined to find their baby books & some other snapshots of them to save.

No comments: