Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday April 21

I'm sorry that my posts have been scarce this week.  We've just been really busy.  Tomorrow will be no exception!  Savannah is at a sleepover tonight.  I will go pick her up at 8:30 & then go to Tyler Metro Church to get our Angel Food.  (Again, if you don't know about this, you should!!  It's an awesome ministry & such a great bargain...especially for big families on a grocery budget!)  At 11:00, Samuel, Kourtney & Sarah will all start playing Blast Ball @ the YMCA.  It's a junior T-ball program using soft bats & balls and bases that make sounds when you step on them.  It should be a lot of fun to watch!  I'll take pictures, so if you want to see them, email me tomorrow evening.  After Tball, we'll run to DQ or McDonald's or something for a quick lunch before heading to the park at 1:00 for a birthday party.   :::yawn:::  Oh, and did I mention that I'll be doing all of this alone as Larry is at a singles retreat tonight & until about 2-3pm tomorrow?  ha ha!  Honestly, I don't mind.  I'm used to parading around a herd of kids, so it's not that much different with the 2 new guys, but I can tell you I sure sleep good at night!  :)

This week has been really busy, but I can't even tell you why.  It just seems like the days all run together & the busy-ness of life in general takes over.  There's not one particular thing that made this week hectic....just life.  All throughout the week, I've had one song that I've listened to in the van over & over.  It's sort of my theme song at the moment.  I'm listening to the kids' Worship Jamz CD, so I have no idea what the original version of the song sounds like.  (The Worship Jamz version of the songs are all more rock-y, so it may've originally been a real slow song!  Who knows?  I like this version though!!)  I figure that this song really speaks to where I am right now.  I want HIM to reign in me.  I want everyone around us & the kids in my home to see HIM in me.  My long-time motto/mantra (whatever you want to call it) is "More of you, Lord...less of me."  And this song really covers that well.  It's called "Reign in Me Again".  I'm not sure who sings it, but if you get a chance to hear it, go for it!

Over all the earth
You reign on high
Every mountain stream
Every sunset sky
But my one request
Lord, my only aim
Is that you reign in me again

Chorus:  Lord reign in me
Reign in your power
Over all my dreams
In my darkest hour
You are the Lord of all I am
So won't you reign in me again

Over every thought
Over every word
May my life reflect
The beauty of my Lord
You mean more to me
Than any earthly thing
So won't you reign in me again

Repeat chorus

 

Also, today in my devotional book, I read something really powerful & wanted to share it.  If I had a scanner, I'd scan a copy so that the author & book publisher could get all the credit that is due....but since I don't have a scanner, I'll just tell you where it's from!

The book is 1 of a 2-book set put out by Songs4Worship (the Time Life worship CDs that I'm sure you've seen on TV commercials).  This is the orange book in the set, called "Open the Eyes of my Heart".  The premise of the 2 books is that they take a common or well known worship/praise song & write out the lyrics and then there is a devotion based on that song & where it came from.  I've learned some interesting stories behind the song on some & just have been really moved by all of the devotions.  Anyway, without further adieu, here's what today's said:

The song was "More Precious Than Silver" by Lynn DeShazo.  The words say:  "Lord, you are/more precious than silver./Lord You are/More costly than gold./Lord, you are/More beautiful than diamonds,/and nothing I desire compares with you."

The devotion with this says:

Imagine being offered the world's greatest treasure, more precious than silver, more beautiful than diamonds.  Imagine not having to do a thing to obtain this treasure because it had been bought by someone else.  How thrilled would you be?

Actually, that has happened!  God offers us the greatest treasure of all time:  salvation.  If you think salvation only means being guaranteed heaven & having your sins forgiven, you've only scratched the surface of what is yours in Christ.  Perhaps the greatest thrill of all is that Jesus gives us Himself.

The Life-giver, Dream-maker, Soul-changer, Wrong-righter comes to live in us.  Out of Him flows a river of peace, an ocean of joy, a well-spring of hope.  He promises to be our shepherd, our brother our faithful friend, and our strong deliverer.  Not only will He never fail us or forsake us, but He promises to call us, heal us, anoint us, bless us, cleanse us, prepare us, and fill us.  He gives us blood for holiness, His spirit for joy, and His mind for wisdom.  The One who causes angels to fall prostrate before Him promises to reign over us, dwell in us, and walk beside us.

The more you go through with Jesus, the more valuable He becomes to you.  What other treasure can compare with that?

Job 22:25-26:  Then the Almighty wil be your gold, the choicest silver for you.  Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God.

Doesn't that just make you want to run to the throne, fall on your face & praise Him?

No comments: