Saturday, April 1, 2006

Saturday 4/1 -- 7 weeks

In the past 7 weeks, our lives have changed.    Because of the decision made by someone else, our world was turned upside down.  In the past 7 weeks, the lives of two precious children and their dad have changed.  7 weeks ago, a mother, sister, daughter, wife and friend died.  How quickly things can change ...things we're not expecting & unprepared for.

In the past 7 weeks, I've watched my church, friends & family reach out to love us.  For 7 weeks now, we've been showered with compassion, love & gifts.  In the past 7 weeks, I've seen two children transformed....and three others learn compassion & the power of God's love in a very dynamic, personal way.

Seven weeks.....how quickly the time has flown by!

It struck me as I was reading a devotional book today that 7 is the number of completion in the Bible.  We have 7 in our family now....it's been 7 weeks.... and God asks us to forgive 70x7 times.  Profound?  Maybe not....but it seemed profound to me as I was reading this today...in our 7th week.

That same devotional book reminded me to praise God for His many blessings in our lives.  Did you know that "blessing" means to consecrate (dedicate), sanctify (to make holy or purify) or bestow divine favor upon something or someone?  We all seem to use the term so loosely now days.  "Bless you", "what a blessing", "bless your heart!", "they were richly blessed", etc.  At this time in my life, I feel truely BLESSED.  Thank you, Lord, for enriching my life by sharing these two sweet kids with me.

No comments: