Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday April 24

The kids were out of school today.  Since Larry has been working on the new storage building, he's been telling the kids that they could help him paint it when it was finished.  Well, today was the day!  The kids woke up excited about painting, donned their grubby clothes & were ready to get to work!  Despite the grunge-work that it appears to be (to me!), they all love the thrill of a project with dad!  Of course, once they had a brush in their hands, the hardwork & sweating lasted about 30 minutes before they gave up on that.  ha ha!  Oh well, at least they were happy & occupied for 1/2 an hour!

I love how Andrew can be so hyper & active & busy all day long, but you give him a project to work on & he's totally focused and excited about it.  There is definately something to his ADHD diagnosis & the medicine works WONDERS, but I'm finding that handing him a particular job is almost as effective as the Concerta!  :)

Savannah got the joy of going to visit a friend today for a playdate.  Her buddy (I'll call her M since I'm not sure if her mom wants her name posted on a public journal site!) moved away about a month ago.  M lives in a new neighborhood here in Whitehouse, but as far as Savannah is concerned, it might as well be 1/2 way around the world.  She was so tickled today when M's mom emailed & asked if she could come over to play!

Samuel & Andrew made a trip to the store with Larry today.  It's funny how quickly the testosterone surges to the surface when the oppurtunity to go shopping for tools & paint is announced.  <grinning widely>

Tonight Savannah's dance class took pictures.  I can't wait to get them back.  I remember the excitement of dance pictures when I was little.  It was always so much fun to put on my costume ahead of time (before the recital) & take pictures.  She was a big ham for the photographer, so I know they'll turn out cute!

The kids head back to school tomorrow, much to their dismay.  But as of tomorrow, they have ONE MONTH until the last day of school!  It'll go by fast!  (err...well, that's what I'm going to tell them!)

Since I know that many people are reading this, I'd like to ask for your prayers for my mom.  She has a "floater" in her eye & has had some visual disturbances that concerned her so she saw the eye doc today.  As it turns out, she's got a fairly common condition, but it's sometimes a symptom of a retina trying to detach, so they're going to watch her for a while & see what happens.  She's pretty nervous about the possibility of this....and so am I!  I want her to be able to see my babies for years to come!  Keep her in your prayers if you think of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



      Thanks for the prayer request.   This Grandma with floaters wants to watch all these babies grow up and see "the rest of the story".    You are being such a loving, patient Mama to all of them the I just know God is going to bless the effort.  I'm so proud of both of you.  Love and hugs!   Mom