Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tues April 11--Revelation

Both Andrew & Kourtney had somewhat of a "revelation" tonight....albeit sad ones.  :(

On the way to church for DivorceCare, Kourtney asked me "Mama, when will my daddy get out of jail?".  When I told her that it would be several years, she made some sort of sad noise...didn't exactly cry, but just sort of moaned.  I know we've explained this before, but it was like it finally "hit her".

At bedtime, she said something to Sarah about having a key to her "daddy's jail".  When Andrew heard that, he just laughed & then said "if we did, we'd go get daddy out".  I said "honey, if you got him out, the police would be upset & they'd come to get you".  He asked why & I told him that getting someone out of jail who's committed a crime is against the law...and that he'd be in trouble for letting his dad out.  He looked a little stunned & said "But daddy hasn't committed a crime."  When I explained that drinking beers & then driving was wrong, he said "You mean daddy was drunk when he had the wreck??".  After I said yes, he just went on about what he was doing & never seemed to be effected by that, but it surprised me that he has never "got that" before now b/c we have answered all his questions before & he knows that daddy's in jail b/c he broke the law.  I guess it just takes hearing it w/ the right words at the right time.

Sad night....but I suppose one that had to happen.  :(

No comments: