Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Monday-Wednesday June 5-7

Andrew has been attending basketball camp this week.  Tomorrow is the last day & all of the kids will get a trophy.  He is way excited about that.  I will make sure to get a pic of him with his trophy & will post that tomorrow.

Nothing much new this week.  Just the usual stuff.

It's funny....sinking into a routine where things are just "usual stuff".  I guess it's hard to believe that we're finally reaching that point.  We're about 2 weeks away from hitting the 4 month mark since A&K moved in.  It's so odd, because it seems like it's been much longer.  In so many ways, I feel so close to the kids.  As if they were mine since birth...as if I never had a time when I really didn't know them much at all.  I mean, we saw them at family reunions, Christmas & Thanksgiving sort of things, but never really KNEW them until they walked through our doorway in February.

I feel so honored, so blessed that they're here.  I've been thinking though.  I don't know how foster parents do this.  The work, the time, the training, the investment that they make into children who they dearly love....but ones who will pass into & out of their home in rapid time....wow.....how on earth do you do it?  I thought I could handle it, but let me tell ya....this is hard.  When you're giving every ounce of your being to a little person who you see progressing & growing & changing.....how do you give them up & send them back into the foster system?  Or worse...back to a home that you know isn't safe or stable?

God bless the foster parents of this world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Are you and Larry adopting these children, or will they someday go back to their Dad?