Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wed June 14

Tonight I was driving home from Walmart & the kids' worship CD was playing.  I usually take it out & listen to something of mine, but decided to listen to a couple songs...or maybe I was just sorta zoned out & wasn't paying attention to the fact that it wasn't my CD.  Anyway, whatever the case.......I was heard a familiar song.
You know how you can hear a song or read a particular scripture a million times & then you finally really HEAR it & realize the meaning & the message behind the words?  Or maybe you just finally apply them to whatever situation you're in at the time & it all finally "clicks"?  This was one of those times.
 
The song I was listening to was "Waves of Mercy" (aka:  "Every Move I Make").  I've heard the kids sing it & dance to it & have learned the hand motions & all.  In fact, I've even taught the song to kids' groups a couple of times, but tonight I was really listening to it for the first time.  (The lyrics are below.)
 
The verse talks about using the power of God to move, breathe, walk....then the chorus says that everywhere I look, I see HIM & am so captured by Him that I am in awe.  I guess because the tune is set to such a quick tempo & the music is so "fun", it's easy to just skim right over the meaning behind it, but the meaning is what really struck me tonight.
 
It's so true.....I need God to move, to breathe, to take a step each morning.  I need Him for everything.  And it hit me as the chorus began....how do people make it without HIM???  I am so captured by His love that I don't want to break free.  When I hear the word "captured", I usually think of a hostage, someone who is kidnapped & held in a cage, tied up or whatever....but in this sense, I am captured & DON'T WANT OUT!  Please, God, capture me every day & don't lose your grip.  Stepping outside the "cage" of His love is painful & hard....let Him capture you if you want some peace & comfort in your life.
 
It's amazing how true the 2nd line of the chorus is....everywhere I look, I DO see His face.  It's been amazing to sit back & watch just how active He is in our lives, meeting needs before we ever knew there was an need to be filled......providing His strength & His power in the days when we thought we'd collapse from physical or spiritual battles.  He's alive!  He's very much active & part of my life.
 
Is He part of yours?  If not, look around for Him.  He's there.  If you can't see Him, ask me where to look.
Waves Of Mercy (Every Move I Make) David Ruis - © 1996 Mercy / Vineyard Publishing (ASCAP)
Passion - Live Worship From The 268 Generation

Verse:
Every move I make, I make in You
You make me move, Jesus
Every breath I take, I breathe in You
Every step I take, I take in You
You are my way, Jesus
Every breath I take, I breathe in You.

Chorus:
Waves of mercy, waves of grace
Everywhere I look, I see Your face
Your love has captured me
Oh my God This love
How can it be

Bridge:
La la la la la la la,
La la la la la la la.

No comments: