Friday, August 25, 2006

Thurs Aug 24

It's funny how kids talk in circles & assume you know what they're talking about.  Today on the way home from school, Kourtney announced "When I get home, I'm going to keep doing that."

Huh?

So I said "What will you keep doing, honey?".

She groaned,  "You know!  My birthday is November 3.  I have the angel with my birthday on it."

HUH?  I sat there thinking hard, trying to figure out what she was talking about.  All I could come up with is a little statue figurine thing that's shaped like an angel w/ "November" across the front.  But what was it she was doing with it?

I asked again "Sweetie, I don't know what you're talking about.  What about your angel?"

She said "I was drawing on my little notepad & copying the angel on it."

Umm...ok.  Copying the angel?  Still not sure what she meant, I asked again.  "Honey, what do you mean?  I'm not sure I understand.  Were you drawing the angel?"

(Acting all put out that I'd ask her to repeat herself...)  "I was copying the word on my angel onto my notepad this morning."

LOL!  Ok.....................now how was I supposed to get that from "When I get home, I'm going to keep doing that."?????????

Apparently the crystal ball quit working for me.  Anyone got a spare?  :)  I'm not sure I would've got THAT from THAT.

Please pray for Kourtney, too, as her "tic" has returned.  When she first moved in, she would sit around making these odd little "hmm" or "uh" noises.  Not like she was clearing her throat, but just a little noise every few seconds.  If she's talking, she doesn't do this, but when she sits still & watches TV or is just listening to someone else, she is constantly doing this.  And to watch her face, it's clear that it's a totally subconscious thing.  She's not even aware she's doing it til you point it out.  When I asked her about it tonight, she just shrugged her shoulders & said she didn't know why she does it.

Also, pray for Andrew.  I usually cuddle with him almost every night when he lays down.  This is our special time & he's upset that I won't be here tomorrow (Fri) night to do that with him.  I'm leaving at 9am for Women of Faith in Dallas & won't be back til late Sat night.  Tonight he was really upset when he figured this out.  I promised him that Larry would snuggle with him instead, but he didn't seem as satisfied w/ that.  I wonder if he worries something will happen to me when I'm gone?  Like his mom?  :(  Poor kiddo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep your family and your prayer requests in my prayers. I hope you have a good time at your Women of Faith convention

betty

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see the kids are doing well. I know God placed them with you & PL for a reason! You guys are so awesome! I will be praying for them! I know it must be hard for them. It really makes you grateful for you family, something I frequently take for granted bc they ALWAYS embarrass me!! lol! I love you!! Have a great week!! Yay for mondays!! Yea right, who am i kidding?

Anonymous said...

my kids still worry I am going to give them up like their birth mothers did.  Even after 10 years , they stilla renot sure!
Becky

Anonymous said...

could it be that she is just thinking out loud too? i will do that sometimes and when i answer myself, it is usually with an "ok/humm, i like that/oh yeah". guess she gets those tics from her mothers side :). and i have been doing this for years. i just hope that she can and will out grow this. hugs, debbie