Monday, August 28, 2006

prayer request update

On Thurs evening, I posted this:

"Please pray for Kourtney, too, as her "tic" has returned.  When she first moved in, she would sit around making these odd little "hmm" or "uh" noises.  Not like she was clearing her throat, but just a little noise every few seconds.  If she's talking, she doesn't do this, but when she sits still & watches TV or is just listening to someone else, she is constantly doing this.  And to watch her face, it's clear that it's a totally subconscious thing.  She's not even aware she's doing it til you point it out.  When I asked her about it tonight, she just shrugged her shoulders & said she didn't know why she does it."

UPDATE:  The tic is gone.  I think this must be her stress/worry habit & it will come out from time to time I guess.  After I returned from WOF (last night), she's been tic-free all day today.  I suppose she was worried about my leaving for the conference (my safety while I was gone, I guess...) or worried about missing me.  Whatever the case, she seems fine now!  :)  PTL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that; Thank you Jesus, for answered prayers :)

betty

Anonymous said...

liz, could it be that she was terrified that you would leave her and not come home like kelly did? after all, it has only been since feb. that she lost her mother in a car accident.  bless her heart, for her not to understand why her mom had to leave and the fear of loosing you as well on a road trip. i think if it were me, you would have had to pry my hands off of your shirt before you left. stay strong, stay sweet and bless you for what you have taken on in your life. i will love you forever my new sister. debbie