Wednesday, August 2, 2006

our week so far July 31-Aug 2

I'm sorry that Monday's entry was so short & to the point, but I didn't the energy for much more.  Monday was very draining.  Andrew & Savannah left for camp that morning and I had a hard time watching the bus pull away.  Knowing that they would be gone for a week, far away....well, it just makes a mama sad.  I would've been OK, I think, had Andrew not looked out the window of the bus at me with a face that said "I'm not sure I want to do this!!".  As they pulled away, his sad little face locked eyes with me & I just lost it.  I knew he'd be fine & had no worries about his safety, but I am a big sap when it comes to my babies & their EMOTIONAL well being.  If I know a situation will make them sad, I'm crying right along with them........if I know it'll make them mad, I get angry, too.  So much for that umbilical cord connection.  I never shared that w/ Andrew physically, but I may as well have.  I'm as connected to that kiddo (emotionally) as the ones who grew in my belly.  Once I composed myself, it was time for the next adventure!

I ran home, ironed an outfit & got ready for court.  I knew that it wasn't until 1:30 (about 2 hours past my usual lunch time) but I also knew that there was no way I could eat anything.  I figured the judge would prefer NOT to see my lunch on her courtroom floor.  LOL!  Court was scheduled for 1:30, but it was closer to 2:00 before they got to us.  It was interesting to sit in a courtroom for the first time in my life & see how that all works.  The lawyer ended up only calling Larry to the witness stand, so it wasn't as bad (for me!) as I thought it could've been.  I just sat, listened & watched & then left.  At about 2:15pm CST, Judge Carole Clark signed the papers & we were officially named as Managing Conservators for the kids.  Yahoo!  It's done!  Afterward, we went to lunch w/ Larry's parents (who came to court with us) & enjoyed some time of breathing a big sigh of relief.  It's nice to have that behind us.

While we were at court, mom picked up Samuel from daycamp & kept he and the girls at the house.  When we got home, the girls went with mom to spend the night w/ her.  Larry took a nap.  I made a couple of phone calls while Samuel worked on cleaning up his room & then it was time for the next event of the day!  A friend babysat for us (for free!!  Thank you Angela!) & we went out to use a gift certificate we had for Texas Roadhouse.  Although the service wasn't so hot, it was nice to get out & just be a couple for a few hours.  We finally ended the day by eating our take out food in the front of the TV while watching a chick flick.  (It was Just Like Heaven in case you're looking for a sweet love story!)

Tuesday morning, Samuel went back to day camp.  The girls & I ran a couple of errands & then went back to get him.  I can't think of what we filled the rest of the day with, but it seems like we were busy then, too.....oh well.....

Today (Wednesday), the kids' camp picture got posted to the camp's website.  Here is our church group plus all the other kids who are at Camp His Way this week!  http://camphisway.com/images/group2006/August_1_2006_group.jpg   Savannah is sorta of out in the middle of the picture in a BRIGHT NEON yellow Tshirt.  Andrew is over to the right side.  Only his head is showing from behind a boy w/ a "B" baseball cap on.  Our children's pastor is the guy in the white sleeveless Tshirt back behind them.  They look like they're having fun.  And to show ya just how much fun........here is the group's GOOFY group picture:  http://camphisway.com/images/group2006/August_1_2006_goofy.jpg   I can't wait to get them all home on Friday & see how their week was!!!!!!!  I know they're going to have lots of stories to tell & pictures to show me (they both have a disposable camera with them).

Today was Sarah's annual check up with her allergist/asthma doctor.  He is a friend of ours from our old church & a real sweetheart.  The kids love him.  Today he got to meet Kourtney & he proceeded to hug her & tell her how much he loves our family...and that she's blessed to be a part of it.  He told her to make sure & bring Andrew back next time so he can meet him too.  :)  Sarah's check up went fine.  She has mild intermitent asthma & very mild allergies.  They were worse when she was a baby/toddler and it's progressively gotten better over the years.  I'm sure she'll probably be like me & have this sort of stuff her whole life, but it's nice to hear the doc say she's not getting worse!

Samuel is loving his cooking camp!  Tonight he told me that when he grows up, he thinks he might be a chef.  I love it!  I told him about Emeril & that he's really famous & makes a lot of money & he thinks that would be really neat.  Of course he also said it might be fun to be a paramedic or a fireman so who knows?!  He did decide today that he's going to continue swim classes this fall instead of doing Cub Scouts with Andrew.  That's fine with us.  We'll just have to figure out how to work it in & when the classes are.  So far, the kids are doing quite a few things that will keep us busy!

Savannah is taking art classes from Jan Widner.  If you live locally, I highly recommend her!  She's a super art teacher & a precious saint!  Jan is a member of our singles group & we all adore her.  Savannah's art class is Thurs afternoons from 3:30-5:00.  That ought to be a trick since I don't get her off of the daycare bus til 3:30!  Ouch.  She'll have to be a little late every week, but I won't have far to drive...maybe 5 minutes....so it won't be too bad.  And then the really interesting part will be getting back to Whitehouse by 5:15 for Sarah's "juh-nastics" class (as she calls it).  That's until 6:00.  So let me just tell ya now......once school starts, if you try to call me on a Thursday afternoon, don't bother til at least 7:00 so that I have time to come home, breathe for a minute & feed supper to everyone.  Hmm....Thursday may become our designated fast food night.

Andrew is planning to be in Cub Scouts & play soccer again.  We're not sure yet which day of the week Scouts will fall on.  Hopefully it'll be on a day when we can do it!!  Soccer is on Saturday mornings once it starts, so that won't be an issue as far as scheduling goes.

Kourtney is going to take twirling & jazz.  That's on Mondays.

I think that there was a Friday afternoon swim class Samuel could get into.  We'll see........

Whew.......I think I'm going to be signing up for all the free gasoline contests I can find.  I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


  You forgot to mention that you are going to be working 2 days a week, and the other 3, you will just stay home and try to figure out who you are and where.   I know you can do it!   And if you find you need a change, don't hesitate to make one.   You need to take a little time for you.    Love, Mom

Anonymous said...


  You forgot to mention that you are going to be working 2 days a week, and the other 3, you will just stay home and try to figure out who you are and where.   I know you can do it!   And if you find you need a change, don't hesitate to make one.   You need to take a little time for you.    Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

wish we lived closer to each other so i could help you with the kids. :).i used to tell kelly that all that time.  i also agree with your mom, you need to also make  a day where you can have some peace and quiet. after all being a mother of 5 isnt the easiest thing to do, especially at the active times in their lives...but have fun too!!! debbie