Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday Aug 19

So sorry I never got back to the journal after the first day of school.  Things got busy.  (Doesn't it always?)

See the picture above for everyone's first day of school clothes.  :)  I got them all lined up (except Sarah) & then realized she was sitting in the van crying.  She wasn't upset about going to school, but mad that someone had "taken her seat" in the van.  So although she looks sad here, she really isn't!  She's just mad!  And do you like how Kourtney's wearing her backpack?

Sarah has a couple of friends in her K class, so she's not totally alone at school.  Plus, her teacher is the same one we had for Savannah & Samuel.  We really love Mrs. Page!

Kourtney is across the hall in another class, with a lady we've been told is very tenderhearted & sweet.  So far, we really like her.  Kourtney has made a friend (a little boy named Cole) and seems to be enjoying Kindergarten!

Samuel loves being back in school.  His teacher is a young lady, this is only her 3rd or 4th year to teach.  She's very sweet.  See the pic above of him headed down the hall toward the classroom the first morning....ha ha....yeah, he was real upset about having to go back to school.

Andrew went into the school with shouts from friends calling his name.  He really liked that, I think, knowing that people remembered him & wanted to say hello.  So far, he really likes his school & his teacher.

Savannah, of course, is a big middle schooler now.  Scary!  She's walked herself in these first two days because, after all, 5th graders are old enough to do that.  (sniff, sniff....)  She's done really well, too, and likes her teachers.  I think her favorite part of the middle school is that there are microwaves in the cafeteria where she can heat things up at lunchtime.  That's a new thing for us, so packing lunch bowls & frozen things has given me a new twist to packing lunches!

I went in to work on Thurs & Fri and got my classroom ready.  I really like how we've got it set up this year.  My curriculum director set it up for me before I came in the first day and she did a great job.  Although I'm going to have a lot more kids this year, I think it'll be a good year!

Larry has gone to a funeral this morning & tonight is the library prize auction for the summer reading program.  The kids are all excited about that--and so am I.  They always have so much fun there & buy a lot of neat things w/ their prize money.  It's fun to see their excitement & enthusiasm at the auction.  :)

I guess that's about all for this morning.  I'll post tonight after the prize auction.

 

No comments: