Sunday, August 6, 2006

Sun Aug 6

My sweet girl is 10!  TEN years old!  That's a decade, ya know?  That's just 3 shy of being a teenager.  WHERE has the time gone?  I know that it's been 10 years, but really......I can remember her birth and her 1st birthday...and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.....like they were just yesterday!  In just 8 years, she'll be old enough to walk out the door & go marry some yucky boy if she wants to!  Eeeekkkk!!!!!

Heavenly Father,  Thank you for the gift that is my daughter.  You knew her before I did.  You knit her together so tenderly in my womb.  You touched her with your hands before I did.  You had a vested interest in her eternal life before I ever layed eyes on her.  You gave her life, allowed her to take her first breath, and stand at her side, day in & day out.  Thank you for being the life-giver for my daughter.  Thank you for giving her to me, loaning her out for her time here on earth.  Thank you for choosing me to be her mother.  I have learned much through this precious vessel of your Spirit and am honored that you chose me to be the one to raise her.  THank you, Jesus.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


   Just wait until she is 30 and you will really ask where the years have gone.   I still consider her Mommy my baby girl, too.  So baby girl, you are doing a great job of being a good steward of this child and the 4 others that the Father has put in your care.   Thanks for taking good care of my grandchildren.   I love you very much.   Mama