Monday, August 21, 2006

Sun Aug 20-- entry #1

Last night was the Library's prize auction.  The kids had varying amounts of money (everything from $40 all the way up to $1003!!!).  When it got started, the librarian told the parents "The kids are allowed to buy ANYTHING" & all the kids cheered!  There were over 100 items to bid on & they did...one by one.  :::yawn:::

Savannah had the most money & spent several hundred dollars buying a dog that's almost the size of a twin-sized bed!  LOL!  It's really soft & cuddly, though, so I'm sure we'll have it for years.  She's been using IT as her covers at night!  LOL!  She also spent nearly $200 buying a little Bratz motorcycle for a little girl who ran out of money & was crying.  She spotted her tears & started bidding.  I wondered if she was buying it for herself (since she's sorta outgrown Bratz) & then watched her win & go hand it to the other child.  ::::glowing mommy::::  I was so proud of her!  She also bought a little car on a keychain to give Samuel for Christmas & a watch for Andrew for Christmas.  She's got such a tenderheart!  She got a really neat insulated lunchbox that came with a certificate from the place that donated it to have it monogrammed w/ her name.  I'm anxious to get that done!  I know it'll be really pretty when it's done.

Andrew only had $40, but somehow got another $20 from someone along the way.  He bought an electric guitar toy, some binoculars & something else...can't remember what.  He wasn't all that excited at first, but it was fun to watch him hurriedly counting his money when an item went up for bid that he wanted!  :)

Samuel had a little over $100 & bought a handful of junky little toys.  I can't even remember what he bought, but I know his favorite thing was the watch he bought for himself.  Now if I can just find the little paper that explains how to set the thing!!!

Kourtney had $53 & spent every penny on one item---binoculars!  She wanted another little pig toy but someone outbid her.  She was sooo upset about losing it & I felt awful for her.  Seeing her so disappointed, crying & laying on my shoulder was aboutmore than I could take.  (Think the other mom would've minded if I went & yanked the pig toy out of her daughter's hands?  LOL....ok, so maybe that would've been bad!)  Once she got over the grief of her pig-toy loss, she perked up & found the binoculars & decided to bid on those & won!  :)

Sarah used all of her money (just over $100) to buy a Barbie & a paddleball right off the bat.  She then had to sit with Larry & I and just watch for the next 2 hours.  She loves her Barbie, though, so she was happy to sit & play with her til the rest were done.

That was last night............today is mine & Larry's 12th wedding anniversary.  We are going out for an anniversary brunch in the morning.  I had planned for our pastor to use a Powerpoint slide I had made for him tonight in church, but the person who puts together his powerpoint stuff wasn't there, so he couldn't do it.  Instead, Savannah got on stage to announce to the church that it was our anniversary & led the crowd in a round of applause.  :)  I'll take that.  That's about as good as having my pretty PP slide on the screens!!  (& just so you can see it, I'm including it as a pic above!)  And if ya don't know...Bullet is the nickname our pastor gave Larry when he started working there.

I guess that's about it....but please do go on & read my 2nd entry for today, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL, THERE'S A YOUNG LOOKING COUPLE!  I REMEMBER THE COLLEGE DAYS AT TJC WITH LARRY.  WHEN HE SPOKE YOUR NAME, LIZ, YOU COULD SEE ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD!  LOVE YOU GUYS, CLAIRE

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!! May you have manygreat years together!!

betty