Wednesday, December 13, 2006

a few updates

At our 3rd-6th grade level schools, they have a program called "Kids with Character".  Today Andrew received his first character award.  It was an award for compassion.  We're quite proud!  Andrew really is a big teddy bear to Sarah & Kourtney most of the time.  Little kids (especially little sisters) bring out a special softness in him that no one else gets.  I'm glad to see that's rolling over into school.  See the pic above of him with his award.

Did I already post the pics of the kids' programs at church Sunday night?  I can't remember & from the page where I add this entry to the journal, I can't go back & look.  If I haven't posted pictures, email me & I'll send them to you.

Remember last week when Savannah got sick?  I felt like it was all due to the sinus drainage that was bothering her at the time.  It appears like maybe that sinus drainage has evolved into something else now.  This morning, she woke up whiney but we convinced her to go onto school.  At lunch, I had to go get her because the nurse said she was "pale & felt warm".  At the time, I wasn't sure she was *really* sick b/c she seemed totally fine the rest of the afternoon, but I guess it comes & goes.  By the time we got home for the day, she was running 102.3 fever!  I'm going to take her to the doc in the morning to see if we can pinpoint for sure what it is that's making her sick.  It may just be a sinus infection or something like that.  We'll see.

We had our first parent teacher conference (ever!) with Kourtney's Kindergarten teacher on Monday.  We love Mrs. M!  She told us that Kourtney is completely within the normal range on everything academically.  She is concerned about her lack of an attention span, though.  Since this is something we've really had a hard time with at home & it's now getting in the way of her being able to do as well at school, we're having her evaluated for ADD next Monday.  I stronglyyyyyyy suspect that she does have ADD, but will wait to hear from the doc on that.

All of the kids' school Christmas parties are coming up next week.  They're all getting excited...me, too!  :)

I better run....Savannah's called a friend on my cell phone so I need to go rescue the phone from overheating.  :)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Savannah feels better soon:) WTG Andrew on the award:) have a good evening

Deb

Anonymous said...


  Please tell Andrew that Grandma is proud of him too!   I'll bet this is his first award at school.  Good job, Mom and Dad!