Monday, December 11, 2006

Saturday--Tap Shoes & Jesus

Tonight Larry had a party to go to so the kids & I were home alone.  Since it's been crazy busy I haven't been to the grocery store yet this week, which means fast food was to be our supper because we're out of everything at home.  I decided that we'd try again on the lights...so I announced that we'd go get some supper & drive around to look at Christmas lights while we ate.  Everyone cheered!  Hooray, maybe it would work better than Friday night's Christmas lights excursion.
 
My kids, being the minimalists they are, all showed up at the front door wearing flip flops, houseshoes or bare feet.  LOL!  Umm, no.  It's 40 degrees outside.  Try again.  On the second round, I got a couple pairs of tennis shoes, one set of church shoes & again, flip flops.  While four of the kids & I went to the car & waited while Sarah was sent back to her closet to try again.  Finally she came out the door.  I could see she was wearing some sort of shoes but from the van, couldn't tell what.  It was after she got into the car that I finally realized it was tap shoes!  LOL!  I couldn't contain my giggles as she made her way to the backseat for the ride.  We drove through Sonic before circling through Whitehouse to peer at the pretty lights.
 
As we pulled back into our neighborhood, Savannah sparked a conversation.  "What is everyone's favorite part of Christmas???"  She started by saying her favorite part is Jesus's birthday & the celebration we do on Christmas morning.  Samuel & Sarah agreed.  Andrew said he likes all the songs we sing & added that he likes to open presents.  Kourtney's favorite part is "SANTA!!!!!!!!!!"  (said about that loud & long).  I thought it was neat that at 3 of the kids named Jesus as being their favorite part of Christmas.  I hope we can pull off our annual Christmas morning birthday party this year like usual.  I'm getting excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun party:)

Deb