Thursday, December 7, 2006

Fleeting sanity....frustration

Maybe it's a hormonal shift in me.....maybe it's the cold weather & being stuck inside more than usual.......maybe it's because we're sooo busy right now & there is no spare time to just hang out & let loose.  Whatever the case, my frustration level was really through the roof all day.  The kids argued & fought non-stop.  If they weren't fighting, someone was crying or whining about something.  I actually got so fed up with a fight over a toy this afternoon that I pulled the car over & said "give me the damn toy".  Talk about a sudden hush in the car.  It totally shocked the older 2 kids who realized that was a bad word.  I can't even believe I said that!  I had no sooner said it than I felt terrible!!!!!!!  I don't usually lose my temper like that & say those kind of words---and certainly NOT to my children.  I was just mortified that I had let myself get so aggrivated.  :::sigh:::  I apologized to the kids tonight.

Tonight, Savannah has sinus drainage/headache/pressure in the worst way.  I think this is the first time she's ever had it.  She's been crying & holding her head a lot so I gave her an Advil Cold & Sinus capsule....right before she threw up.  Ugh....I guess the sinus drainage gunk made her sick at her tummy.  To be safe, she'll stay home with me tomorrow.  Poor baby!  I hate to see her sick.  Please pray for her to get well QUICKLY.  So far, she isn't running any fever, just seems to be really feeling icky due to sinus pressure/drainage.

I am so exhausted.  I know I'm going 24 hours a day usually & that certainly accounts for my tiredness, but having days like today sure push me over the edge.  It's only 9:30, but I suspect I'll be snoring before 11:00.  I'm whipped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
 I have had those kind of days myself, and yes, I know all to well the frustration you are going thru.  My heart goes out to you.  Just know that this to shall pass.  Tomorrow will be a better day..............................................Tammy

Anonymous said...

hope all feel better soon:)

Deb