Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blissful, joyous, happy...all those nice words

Tonight I went on a date with my daughter.  While driving home, I was counting my blessings and enjoying her silly 6 year old banter from the back seat.  I found myself lost in prayer, thanking God for the joys of my life.

I am blessed with an amazing husband who loves me from head to toe, back to front, inside & out.  He loves my personality, my sillyness, my poor ol' sad body--even after 3 babies & years of little exercise & lots of yummy foods.  :)  I love this guy with all my heart and soul.  We met when I was just a couple months shy of turning 17, and here I am just a couple weeks shy of turning 32...and my heart has never stopped fluttering from the joy Larry brings me.  Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my precious husband...my love, my life, my best friend.

I am blessed with fabulous children.  I have three awesome kids who are talented & smart & funny & considerate & loving and compassionate.  They are (usually) very well behaved & well mannered and they bless my heart to watch them grow.  While I sometimes wonder about my parenting abilities, they certainly seem to be growing spiritually & mentally & emotionally & physically despite my shortcomings.  I am amazed by the way God changes them every day and how they continue to be my greatest source of happiness in this crazy world.

I am blessed with an absolutely precious family.  I couldn't even begin to describe them all here, but God knew what He was doing when he dropped me down into the lives of this family.  Isn't it fun to see how much more we appreciate & love our family the older we get?  My parents are awesome, my sisters are 2 of my best friends (although we don't get to see each other nearly enough!).  My nieces & nephews are all great kids.  I am truely blessed.

I am blessed with the most amazing group of friends a girl could have.  I have literally hundreds of friends that I consider 'close' friends.  I have a group of about 5-10 that I'd consider "best friends".  I am so lucky!

I am blessed with a super job and a great work environment.  My coworkers are wonderful, my bosses are stupendous (I'm really running out of adjectives here!)....I just can't gush enough.

I have said it before & I'll say it again.......

If I were to die tomorrow, that would be alright.  What more could I be blessed with in this life?  I'm anxious to stand & hug my Savior and see those who have gone before me.  I can't wait to touch the face of the One who made me, to walk the streets of gold & spend my days at His feet, singing praises to Him.

Life is good.  I have got to be one of the most blessed women in the world.  Thank you Lord for all you've given me and done for me.  It's all for you, Lord.  To God be the glory!

No comments: