Friday, October 19, 2007

Casting Crowns concert

Ok, I should make it clear up front that (sniff) I didn't make it to the Casting Crowns concert (sniff) but several of my friends did.  Several of them have (sniff, sniff) already emailed or posted to myspace to tell me it was awesome.  (sniffle, sniffle)  My husband did have free tickets offered to him (sniff) and he did turn them down (sniff, sniff) since we both had meetings to attend last night, and I'm proud to say that we each handled our parenting duties maturely instead of attending a silly concert (sniff).

And since I'm not the least bit sad or upset (sniff) about missing the CC concert last night, I'm going to share w/ you the lyrics to my favorite CC song here (sniff).  I hope you (sniffle) enjoy it.

You can see the video for this song on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/thekingslady) too!

Praise You in This Storm
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

Chorus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man.. Well I have to tell you.. Yesterday a friend of ours that is at a college in Texas text Brittany and said.. GUESS WHO WE  Hanging with today...  YEP it was Casting Crowns..  Sniff we were sad too to not be there...

Anonymous said...

Oh GREAT!!
Now I have guilt.
It WAS a great concert. But I will say this.....when we were offered our free tickets we took those babies!!!

No, seriously, we were very humbled by the gift, and we made sure the kids knew what a great gift it was. It was a good family experience, even though Michael and Sarah were tired and cranky from getting home so late.