Sunday, February 1, 2009

Writing a new chapter

Remember that book I've mentioned before that I'd like to write one day? The one I'd like to title "That Was Not Part of the Plan"? The one whose overwhelming theme is God's control...not mine? It appears, lately, that I am beginning to compose a new chapter for that book. I'm not going to get into the details of the struggle I'm working through right now because it's pretty personal, but suffice it to say, when fear & doubt & questions cloud your mind, it's easy to lose sight of The One who is in control. This morning in church, our worship leader led us in a song & the chorus said "I pour out my praise to the One who never ceases to amaze me."

Wow.

How many times has He amazed me? Even in just the past couple of years...throughout all my adult life? The reminder that He will show up & amaze me all over again was so very needed today. Thank you, Jesus. I'm sorry that my silly little mind ever wandered from the fact that you are so AMAZING.

As I stood & sang this song, I closed my eyes & focused my heart of Him....His character....His promises. I was reminded in my spirit that He inhabits the praises of His people. So if I'm praising Him, He's there.....with me......holding my hands....embracing me. What a reminder to praise Him through my circumstances, no matter what those circumstances are!

He is FAITHFUL!

He is in CONTROL!

He wrote the end of the story, so it's already worked out.

Everything is already His, and after all......He's got the whole world in His hands. (remember that song from VBS?)

I don't know if anyone else needed to hear this today, but I know I did. Have a great week & be blessed!

No comments: