Friday, February 20, 2009

dang.....

Today makes the 3rd day of Samuel using the nasal spray & he's still (almost!) crying daily about his ears hurting. The ENT did say (on Tuesday) that he has fluid on both ears right now, so I'm sure he's got an earache in both. I feel bad for him but we've done everything we can do --- antihistimines to dry up the fluid, eardrops & Motrin/Tylenol for pain, an entire month's worth of antibiotics. Poor kid. I'm almost ready to call the ENT & say "forget the spray, just put in the tubes & give this kid some relief!"

Today is the day we find out what is going on inside King. I'm a nervous wreck. I feel like I've dropped off my 4th child for serious medical testing & I'm not there with him to hold his hand, err...paw. I know he could care less if I'm there, but I'm sad because I want to be there & see the Xray & ultrasound screens while the test is happening. I want to pet him & talk to him while they're working. Ugh. I guess the heart of the matter is that I'm a total control freak & I don't want someone else petting him during tests.......I WANT TO BE THERE! I'm nervous about what they're going to find. I'm stressing about what it will mean for us decision-wise tonight. Yuck. Can you say "crappy day"?

Thanks in advance for the prayers.

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I am sorry to hear about your child's health issues. I am sure the continued ear issues would be so frustrating. Grace and I are sick, up here in Dallas. What was supposed to be a nice "get a way" and spend more time with hubby, has turned out a LOT different. Oh well.