Friday, July 24, 2009

Book Review: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

A few weeks ago, I received the book, Jesus Calling, in the mail from Thomas Nelson. I am a book review blogger (http://brb.thomasnelson.com/) & am blessed to have selected this (primarily ladies') devotional book to review.

Sarah Young is a missionary who decided to quit writing so fervently in her prayer journal, always asking God for something. Instead, she chose to start sitting & listening to God speak. In doing so, He gave her various messages & over time, that evolved into this book. I'm always looking for a good devotional book and this one surely fits the bill. There is a short article for each day of the year that includes a couple of Scriptures that relate to the article. On some articles, quotes relating to the passage are also included.

I've only been reading this book for a few weeks, but it will most definately stay on my shelf to be read throughout the year. The articles are deep and relevant to my daily life, yet short enough to read through in just a few minutes' time. All the things I look for in a good devotion book!

I'd highly recommend this one.

No comments: