Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer, Days 15-16 (Fri & Sat June 11 & 12)

Oops...I missed a day again. Oh well, I may play catch up all summer long, so expect lots of multiple-day posts like this.

I spent the majority of the day yesterday folding laundry. I know, I know. It's really a thrill a minute over here. Truthfully, I have an awful habit of washing & drying the laundry & then letting the baskets of clean clothes sit. I don't seem to have any trouble getting them washed, but having time to fold each load & put it away is a struggle. I *KNOW* that if I'd just fold each load as it comes out the dryer, it would eliminate the problem, but well...you know how that goes. Perhaps I can break the cycle this summer?

Today was the best Saturday I've had in a long, long time. I woke up at 7am with a little boy's face pressed up next to mine asking about having a lemonade stand. Umm...hello? It's 7:00am. No dear, no lemonade stand right now. Maybe later. I dozed back off & the next thing I knew, I was waking up to see that my bedside clock said 10:42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH. Even as a teenager, I never ever slept that late. Wow. I got up & had my bowl of honey nut cheerios. Sarah sat & talked to me while I ate & told me how she'd had an icecream sandwich with her breakfast and Samuel had some pretzels. Good heavens! This is what happens on the one day that mom sleeps late. ha ha! I figured they wouldn't die from malnutrition, but I made sure to explain to them that their bodies do not need to start the day on that sort of breakfast anymore.

We went to see Shrek Forever After this afternoon. It was very cute & very sweet. If you've seen and enjoyed the previous Shrek movies, this one is good, too.

We came home & everyone had some reading time before it was time to cook supper. We had breakfast for supper....eggs, toast, berries & bacon. Yum yum yum. Afterward, it was UNO tournament time followed by 2 episodes of Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

I'm telling you.........the best Saturday ever!

No comments: