Monday, August 2, 2010

I've got an interview!

I recently mentioned the possibility of a job change. I haven't thought much about it since then because I was waiting for the time when the principals would be back on campus to receive my emails.

On Thursday evening, a girlfriend of mine emailed me. She is an aide in the Headstart class on one of the elementary campuses in town. She wanted to let me know in advance that she was going to be resigning her position this morning & that she planned to recommend me to replace her. While I'd still have to go through the interview process, she felt fairly confident that I would be a "shoe in". I told her that I'd love to be considered and spent most of the weekend anxiously thinking about the possibility of this job working out. If it does, it would be a little bit of a monthly raise, I'd have access to benefits that (might be?) cheaper than what we currently pay through Larry's work {will have to find out about that} and the biggie: a year-round paycheck.

This morning, she called me after she left the school when she resigned so that I'd know it was "all clear" to contact the principal & let her know I was interested. I sent her an email expressing my interest & then sort of sat around & waited for a phone call or reply to the email most of the day. At about 4:00, I figured that I wouldn't be hearing from her today because it was getting late. However, about the time I reached that decision, I got a phone call. Yahoo!

I've got an interview later this week! I'm excited & cautiously optimistic. I want to feel pretty confident about this but I know that there are others who will also be interviewing. I'm going to do my best to put this out of my mind & not obsess about it too much between now & then....but I figure there's about a 95% chance that THAT will never happen! I will totally be thinking about this from now til the interview's over! ha ha!

On the one hand, if I get this job, it'll be a very smart move for our family. But if I don't get it, I'm so lucky to know that I've got a job I LOVE at a place where I LOVE to work. I'm so grateful. So many people don't have either of these!

Keep me in your prayers!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I will be joining you in prayer for this!!!! Although I will be telling God that you would be fabulous for this job! lol

The Lowry Kitchen said...

That's awesome Liz! I hope it all works out smoothly.