Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday 2/23/06

I feel like a broken record here....each day is a little better than the last. Honestly, we're soo loving having the kids here. Yes, it's challenging....yes, it's really loud (ha ha!)....but still, soooo worth it.

Seeing the tough guy walls coming down with Andrew & seeing a little boy peek out from behind his shell is really a blessing to watch. Although he still wants to be the big man, it's interesting to see little boy habits & mannerisms & questions & fears come out. Kourtney continues to mention mama & her old school and all the things she misses. Although she mentions those things in passing, she never really dwells on them as if she is super sad. She moves on quickly & giggles a lot.

The kids got letters from their dad today. Kourtney liked hearing me read it to her & quickly folded it up to go hide it. When I went to tuck her into bed tonight, she was sleeping with it. Andrew took a long time to sit & really absorb his letter & seemed to be deep in thought afterward. He, too, seems to really treasure the paper that his dad touched. I told both of the kids that they could write their dad a letter this weekend & we'd put them into 1 big envelope & send it. Kourtney quickly produced one that she'd written at school today! Looks like she was already thinking of doing it!

Andrew taught Samuel to play checkers today (sort of)....Samuel was really grouchy & whiney all afternoon, so he wasn't much fun to play anything with. He told me, as I tucked him in tonight, that he didn't feel good. Gosh I hope he's not coming down with something! (I don't have time for an illness right now!!!)

Andrew asked for a journal tonight. We talked about how it might help him fall asleep to be able to write down what he's thinking/feeling when he's lying there wide awake. He seemed to like the idea.

I am strengthened by this verse right now: "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you & not to bring you harm, plans of hope & a future. Jeremiah 29:11" Thank you God for sharing that verse with me right now. You are a God of details & a God of compassion. Your heart is revealed to me through your scriptures & I know that this is a verse you'd have me pray for the kids right now tonight. I know that these sweet babies have a future in you & hope in your presence with them. Lord, keep them safe from harm, keep them near us for as long as possible. I love you Lord.

I feel led to sing this song as I type, so I'll share the words: I love you Lord...and I lift my voice...to worship you, Oh my soul, rejoice. Take joy, my King, in what you hear. Let it be a sweet, sweet sound, in your ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.  It's taped right next to my computer at home.  I call on it frequently, especially for Tanner and for our family as we go through our "fun" Tanner trials.  You and Larry are doing such a wonderful job for these kids.  They are so blessed to have you both.