Monday, February 27, 2006

Whew...what a weekend!

Let's see...to recap--- Savannah had the tummy bug Thurs night/Fri morning. Then I got it Sat night, then Sarah had a little touch of it Sun afternoon. In the middle of all that, Larry & Samuel got upper respiratory stuff & are on med's for that. Needless to say, our weekend wasn't all that fun. :(

This morning we took Andrew & Kourtney to see their new pediatrician (the ones our bio kids see) for a basic well-child visit. Everyone's healthy. Kourtney did notttttttt like getting shots or the finger poke. Now, I don't like it either, but boy did she not like it.....and I think most of the folks in the next building over knew she didn't like it, too. :(

Kourtney's still saying that she doesn't want to go to school every day. I hate to make her go, knowing that she doesn't want to be there, but she always seems to have fun & ends up coming home with a grin. Andrew seems to be settling in well with his class & appears to have fun at school.

I can't remember if I covered this in Friday's entry, but we have got the kids in with a local play therapist, but her first opening isn't for almost a month, so it'll be a little while before they see her. I've heard lots of good things about this lady, though, so I figure it'll be worth the wait.

I am a firm believer in the old "garbage in-garbage out" saying. Over the past few years, I've grown accustomed to only listening to Christian radio stations for this reason. I do occasionally come across another station that I listen to for a while, but usually the stop on that station is short-lived because I just don't enjoy it much anymore. I've bought the kids tapes of kids praise music in the past, but since getting our new van that only takes CDs, I was at a loss for something to play. This weekend while I was grocery shopping, I got a new Kids Ultimate Modern Worship (or something like that?) CD. Since that shopping trip, that's all that we've listened to in the van. It's neat to peek into the rearview mirror & see the kids all listening, mouthing the words & dancing along.

At church yesterday morning, Andrew went forward during children's church when they were doing an altar call for salvation. After talking to him about it, he says that he "does that now & then"......so I'm not sure that he has a grasp on what he did, but just knowing that we're leaning him in the right direction is really sweet!

I better run. Lots & lots of dishes & laundry to catch up on. Keep praying....we're making headway! :)

No comments: