Saturday, February 18, 2006

:::yawn::: Boy I'm tired!

The kids arrived today about 2 or 3.......can't remember which. It's only been a few hours & I'm totally wiped out! LOL! I guess it'll get easier as they learn how things work here & get into the routine of things.

We took a little family picture right after they got here, so if you want to see it, email me. (Lizreeves2@aol.com)

Larry's dad/grandmother stayed a little while before going home & leaving us with the kids. They had told us a couple days ago that they both like pizza, so that's what I made for supper. I bought 2 large-sized frozen pizzas & cooked them. Turns out, there wasn't enough for Larry & I!! We ordered 1 pizza for us from the local pizza place & just watched the kids eat til it got here. They all wanted to watch different things on TV, so we played a movie instead.

Boy can we tell that Andrew's ADHD med was wearing off! Oh boy! He really is a very sweet boy, but he was sooo hyper & busy tonight. I know that a lot of it is just being in a new house with all new things & he wanted to explore EVERYTHING, but I think a lot of it had to do with his medicine wearing down. He loves the bedroom he's sharing w/ Samuel & loves all the billion toys in their room. Samuel is adoring him, too! Nothing like having a partner in crime. I can tell we're going to have to keep the reigns on those two or we'll have little boys swinging from the ceiling fan blades soon!

Kourtney was a little withdrawn & quiet at first. She would talk to Larry & smile for him, but really didn't want to talk to me. I figure that it felt a little like someone was trying to replace her mama....and I don't want to do that at all. We're going to talk about Kelly & show her pictures as often as possible. But at the same time, I want her to love me, too. By bedtime, she was a little more relaxed. She told me several times that she misses her daddy & mentioned things her mom did for her several times. She is a sweet, sweet little girl!

Bedtime has been a bit of a struggle....trying to get everyone to lay down & shut up!!! We'll just continue to work with them. Once they all get used to being here, it won't seem as exciting as it does now & they'll lay down more easily, I bet!

Anyway.......that's about it for tonight. I'm am soooo tired. I'm going to go collapse now. :)

Thanks for all the love & prayers today. Keep 'em coming!

No comments: