Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 9

Today is my birthday. Or at least it will be by the time most of you read this, so in honor of that, I've changed the music for the day. This is my 33rd birthday, so the following is a list of 33 facts about me.

1. I was born on my great grandmother's birthday.
2. I was named after the other great grandmother.
3. I love to sleep. I'm not narcoleptic or anything, but I could doze off just about anywhere. Lean me up against a brick wall & I'm good.
4. I kill watches. Seriously. I have extra electrical activity in my body...or something like that. I've been told the reason before, but I don't completely get it. I just know that I kill watches. So don't buy me a fancy one for my birthday. It might not last very long.
5. I sleep with my hair up in a pony tail or a bun every night. It's long & thick and makes me hot if I leave it down. And I hate to sleep feeling all sweaty & hot. yuck!
6. I'm a tad anal/OCD. (ok, so some would argue that my use of the words 'a tad' is an understatement.)
7. I love to make out my menu & grocery list and then to go buy the groceries. I get a thrill out of crossing things off the perfectly organized list. I know. It's a sickness. (see #6)
8. I'm obsessively organized about paperwork & my classroom at school. My house, on the other hand, looks like a tornado about 360 days a year. My theory is that I have 4 other people at home who won't keep up with doing things my way and so I've given up and just let it go. At school, I'm totally in control of my room so things are structured & organized and I pretty well lose my mind if I can't keep it that way. I will stay late or come early to make sure that the mess is remedied if I have to!
9. As a kid, I always thought that Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts were nerds.
10. I thought band members were nerds, too.
11. Larry played percussion in the high school band...that is, when he wasn't tied up doing Boy Scout stuff.
12. Crunchy wheat Pringles stix are my newest obsession.
13. Oh, and granny smith flavored applesauce (made by Mott's) YUM!
14. I have a facebook page. Do you? I used to have a myspace, but it kept giving me computer problems (spyware, viruses, etc) so I had to kill that.
15. I have been alive for 395 months. That's 1721 weeks. Or 12053 days. I figured that out here: http://www.time-for-time.com/howold.htm
16. My hair was not curly (on its own without the help of a perm!) until after I had Sarah. Something about the hormonal shift made my hair curly....and it has been ever since.
17. There is a silver Christmas ball (ornament) on the desk right now. I have no idea why. Or where it came from. It has not been sitting here since last Christmas, but I'm not sure when it showed up or who put it here. (see #8)
18. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
19. This year I have 6 kids in my Mon/Wed/Fri class and 8 in my Tues/Thurs class at school. I like almost all of them. (ha ha...just kidding...I'm falling for all of them!)
20. My sweetie got home late tonight. We pulled into the airport parking lot about the time his plane touched the ground. We were only inside the airport for about 15 minutes between waiting, meeting him & getting his luggage. Talk about good timing. That'll never happen again.
21. I don't like to be late.
22. I drink orange juice or milk with breakfast.
23. I love contemporary Christian music. (in case ya hadn't noticed!)
24. My favorite color is red. Especially when it comes in the form of red roses.
25. I love playing online Scrabble. Between lexulous.com & the Facebook version, I have about 14 games going with various people right now. All at the same time.
26. I believe I have ADD. I've never been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure. I guess that explains why I ha
27. I love monkeys. As a kid, I always wanted a pet chimpanzee or one of those little spider monkeys. My parents never surprised me with one on my birthday or at Christmastime. Go figure.
28. I am soooo excited that the holiday season is upon us! I love this time of year!!
29. As far as weather goes, give me cold and rainy ANY DAY. Of course, if I'm wishing for things, I may as well throw in that I like cold & rainy but preferably outside of school hours so that I can still get my kids outside to run off some steam!!
30. I have three super fantastic kids.
31. I'm certain that I married the world's most amazing man!
32. I am blessed with a gazillion friends, lots of close friends and three absolutely awesome best friends.
33. I am an unashamed follower of Jesus Christ. If you don't know Him personally & would like to start a relationship with Him, email me. Lizreeves2@aol.com I can hook you up with eternity, baby!

6 comments:

:o) Rachel said...

Happy birthday!!!! Hope your day is absolutely fabulous and you go to bed tonight with a full heart feeling extremely blessed!!!
:o) Rachel

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!!

I hope you have an amazing day!

SandyL said...

Just wanted to post on here Happy Birthday Liz! Hope you have a Great Day!

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was fabulous.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday...and sorry you are not married to the most amazing man...I am...have been for over 17 years...LOL

Amanda said...

Happy birthday!!!! I hope you have a great one!


PS - People born on the 9th ROCK. I'm 9/9. Dave is 12/9. We got married on 4/9. I went into labor with Brooklyn on 3/9, but she arrived early the next morning! :)