Thursday, November 20, 2008

Relief.....Pride......and frustration!

Ok, so the relief first. :)
Today went muchhhhhhh better than I had anticipated. The licensing rep came to our school, but never actually came into my room. (Whew!) The party went smoother than I figured it would. The fire drill was a nuisance (it always is...have to stop what we're doing, try to organize a herd of squirrels...well, it feels like that!...and then come back in & try to get them back to what we were doing before). I know it's necessary & important, but it's a pain. I've been praying over my class every day on the way to work and I know that's part of it. Heck, I'm sure that's ALL of it. So thank you, God, for giving me a much less stressful day than I figured it would be.

Pride.
My sweet Sarah was in a school music program tonight. We had a brief PTO meeting (like maybe 10-15 minutes) followed by a few of the 2nd grade classes singing a couple songs. I wouldn't call it a musical necessarily. It was a short & sweet "music class" as the music teacher said. The kids were dressed in regular school clothes. They sang a random mix of songs. It was cute, but we didn't bother inviting family to come watch because we knew the whole thing would be so short. From start to finish, the music program was probably not more than 20 minutes long. Here is my sweet girl on stage.


Frustration!
I am really frustrated right now.
I came home & when I tried to get onto Facebook, I got a weird error message. I figured it was some Facebook glitch until I realized that Larry was getting into facebook on his laptop from the living room without any problem. Hmm... why wouldn't it work for me? Thinking that perhaps it was an AOL issue, I launched IE & got the same result. Both times I could go to www.facebook.com but when I put in my info & tried to click on the "log in" button, I would get an error message. Something about not being able to display this page. Grrrr! I used Larry's laptop to get into facebook & update my status. When I came back to our regular computer (this one!!), I tried to come to this site to post to my blog. Again, I get to the main page & click on the "log in" button & voila.....the same error message. Ok, that's aggrivating. I went to a friend's blog & when I tried clicking the link to read the comments on one of her posts, I got the same error page. I don't know what's going on, but it's frustrating me to high heaven! I even went & downloaded firefox (another browser) so that I could post here & get into Facebook. I am REALLY hoping that this is just some weird thing and after I restart the computer tomorrow, it'll all work out. Seriously, sometimes I could just beat my head against the screen.

I'm getting drowsy. Must be time for a bubble bath with a magazine!

2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Glad the day went better than expected. I think the bubble bath and magazine are a great idea! My computer was doing weird stuff yesterday, and my poor sister and her husband have 2 computers trying to crash and burn. Maybe it is a conspiracy. (just kidding)....but seriously, what if it is......................... Okay, I am tired. I am going to bed!

Brian Stinecipher said...

Internet Explorer is evil! Stick with Firefox. I think you'll like it better