Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving--day 1

Day 1 of a Reeves Thanksgiving


This morning we went to Larry's family get together. We visited with family, ate til we were stuffed and then celebrated like only a redneck family can. After all, what says "holidays" like guns & ammo?

ha ha! Yes, seriously. Every holiday with Larry's family ends in the same way. Everyone goes out behind my father in law's house (this is him below) to shoot guns. It sounds goofy & redneck & country .....and it is..... but it's fun!

Samuel & Larry, shooting the little .22 that Larry bought for our kids a few years ago.

Sarah was a pretty good shot, too. This is her with my father in law, working on her aim.
After the ammo was put away, she & my father in law played with my camera. She took the pic of him above & he took this one of her.
The pretty road where my in-laws live.
Larry & his dad, sitting out on the back of my father in law's truck, talking. (taken from across the street, sorry about the fuzziness)
Savannah usually enjoys the gun-shooting time too, but today she preferred her usual favorite hobby...sitting with a pencil & paper, writing a story.

My little family in my father in law's front yard.
It was a nice day. I'm stillll feeling STUFFED from lunch. Hopefully that'll settle by morning because we get to do it all over again with my family!
I hope you & yours enjoyed a good Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a fun day

Michelle ~ said...

i love love love the photos!! i bet you had fun!!!!

Amanda said...

Just like a page out of the Guns and Ammo holiday edition, LOL. But Dave would love it!