Friday, May 4, 2007

Friday May 4

Today was a great day.  Larry & I are both off on Fridays, so that tends to be our 'date' day.  Some couples try to have a date night now & then, but Larry & I do date days.  It is easier to plan that when the kids are all in school, anyway.

Larry's battling a sinus infection at the moment, so I let him sleep late today.  I guess I had that in mind when I overslept, too.  At 7:15, Samuel was 2" from my face, whispering to me about going to watch cartoons.  Yikes!  We have to leave by 7:35!  Holy Moses!  I jumped up, ran around getting kids up & making a quick breakfast for them to choke back before we had to leave.  Somehow, we actually did manage to get out the door by 7:35....and realized that the next door neighbors hadn't even left yet.  Whew....

The kids have fallen in love w/ the Chris Rice song "What if Cartoons Got Saved" so we blared that on the way to school to get everyone wide awake.  (If you haven't heard it, it's a really cute song about various cartoon characters getting saved & singing praises---Scooby-Dooby-Do-yah!, Yaba-daba-doo-yah!, etc.)  Every time they get into the car they ask for me to play that song.  Before I got back home, Savannah called my cell to ask me to bring her something she forgot.  I swear...that child got her forgetful genes from her daddy!

I came back home & climbed back into bed with Larry & read from the Karen Kingsbury book I'm reading now....until after 10am!  Wow...what a nice morning!  I woke him up then, both of us took a shower & we took Savannah her missing items, then had lunch at La Hacienda.  It was really nice because we spent over an hour sitting there yakking about life, our beliefs, what we want in the future, missions & ministry.  It was really great.

We went out to check on the level of the lake.  It's rained so much lately that we figured it would be up some.  Larry had plans to take Savannah out in the boat this afternoon to fish, so he wanted to see how the water was.  It was pretty surprising to see the difference!  In November, we went out there one day when he was still on the walker after his back surgery and the pier was standing in mud--no water underneath it at all-- with a good 20 ft. high stilt underneath dry as a bone.  Now you can't even see the stilts.  Thank you, God, for all the rain!  We've needed it.  (whispering....but I think we've had enough now.....you can stop.....ha ha)

And just a word of advice for those of you who play 'chicken' with birds like us---geese don't scatter & fly off when you drive toward them at high speeds like other birds do.  LOL!  We nearly got to have goose for supper!  Dumb birds.

God has been revealing things to me lately that I've been too blind to see for a while.  I'll write more later.  Gotta go put the munchkins to bed now & go grocery shopping.  He is so good.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb