Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

This morning I woke up to the sounds of Sarah asking me to open her present.  At school, she made me a laminated blank calendar (with a picture of her on it!).  Included was a dry erase marker so that the calendar can be used year-round.  She also made me an apron at church in her Daisies class.  She made herself an apron a few weeks ago at Daisies so now we have a matching set!!  We can cook together & look cute doing it now!

Then came Samuel's gift.  Since I helped his class make their gifts, I already knew what to expect (a personalized mug he colored & decorated) but I had not seen the mommy questionairre he filled out for me.  It was really funny!  For example, one of the questions said "My mommy looks most beautiful when ____".  He wrote in "My mommy looks most beautiful when she's awake."  LOL!  Umm...ok....so I asked him to explain that.  He said "you know..when you're asleep, your hair's all messed up & you drool on your pillow."  LOL!!!!!!!  The goober!  All the answers on the questionairre were equally funny, but I won't share them all.

Savannah gave me a card she'd made at school.  It was very heart-felt & not just some silly poem they'd had all the kids write.  You could tell it came straight from her heart.  :)

In church, all the kids came in & sang a song to us mommies.  One of our pastors' wives gave a short testimony about Mother's Day---what it meant to her as a mom & the fact that it held some sad memories b/c she lost her mom when she was 7 or 8 years old.  She went on to talk about Mother's Day being hard for moms who've lost children in one way or another and boy did I start crying.  I really wasn't sobbing or all that overly upset.....but I welled up real quick and just couldn't stop the flow.

During our worship time, I prayed & prayed for Andrew and Kourtney.  I prayed for God to make Himself known to them every day.  I prayed for their grief today as they realize they've lost 2 moms in the past 2 years.  I prayed for their connection w/ their new mom to grow.  I prayed for them to see God's hand in everything that has happened these 15 months.  As today there was no doubt a lot of talk of "moms" at all the houses across the nation, I pray that they had at least a brief memory of me that brought a smile to their faces.  Maybe that sounds selfish or whatever....but I pray that they have happy memories of their relationship with me.

Last night was Sarah's dance recital.  I couldn't help but feel a little sad that Kourtney should've been on the stage, too.  I'm including pictures above of Sarah on the stage after the recital was over.  She did a GREAT job!!!

When we got home from the recital, Larry had 2 more bouquets of flowers (he gave her the flowers in the pic above).  The 2 he brought home were for me for Mother's Day.  (insert collective "awwww" here)

Tonight we went to my mom's house & hung out for a while.  I wuv ya mom!  See the pic above for our 3 generation ladies pic.  My mom, myself & the girls!

Love & hugs to all the mommies out there!

No comments: