Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Prayer Requests

I have 2 requests that I'd like to ask you guys to pray for.

Several months ago, I asked you to pray for a friend of mine, Angie Bundy.  I met Angie online about 7 years ago when her son was about to undergo his first strabismus operation.  (This is the same eye muscle disorder Savannah was born with.)  We connected on the mommy-level as she had questions about her little boy's upcoming surgery & we'd already done it 3 times at that point.  Several years later, Angie found out she had a brain tumor.  After treatment, she was declared "cured" & labeled a survivor.  She went in every 6 months for repeat scans to verify that she was still 'cured'.  In December or January, the tumor had returned.  She's undergone treatments since then & found out today that none of the treatment has worked.  They declared the tumor inoperable because it is so deep inside her brain.  Operating on it would leave her with a very poor quality of life.  The doctor has turned her case over to a tumor team who is trying to determine what, if any, treatment is left to try at this point.  They are still believing for a miracle.  Please join us in praying for Angie's complete recovery.  She has a 9 year old son who needs his mommy & a sweetheart of a husband who wants to grow old & gray with her.

Second..........and I feel so incredibly petty to even ask after Angie's request----- but I really need to ask for prayers!

When Andrew & Kourtney moved out, we lost a substantial amount of income.  They were getting a benefit from the government and we have a precious relative who was also sending help.  Between the two, it really helped.  We didn't go out & buy a bunch of fancy things or go crazy running up bills, but we did incur debt during the time they were here.  Without going into a lot of personal details on the blog site, I can tell ya....we're really feeling it now.  I only work during the school year, so we're also about to lose my income.

I've looked on the Whitehouse ISD website & there are several teacher's aide positions available.  I'm going to apply for those jobs later this week & see what happens.  Although I LOVEEEEEE my job and adore the program I teach and the children I work with, we need more income than it provides.  I've considered staying there & just moving to a full time position, but there are a lot of things going on at my workplace that make me nervous about staying there.  I would love to stay forever, but I think this may be the right time for me to move elsewhere.

Please pray that if this is what I should do, it will all fall into place & any interviews I go on will be smooth and I will be calm.  If this is not what I need to do or the right place for me to work, pray that I will be able to see that clearly & seek work at the right place!

Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

sorry i missed this keeping all in prayer:) its been a long week
have a good weekend:)

Deb