Thursday, May 31, 2007

last day of work

Today wasn't as "bad" as I thought it would be.  In fact, it wasn't until I went & put my key on my boss's desk that I got teary eyed.  Up until then, I was alright.  Somehow, though, the finality of turning in my key made it seem very real.  Even so, the sad moment didn't last too long.  By the time I got in the car, the 90 degree humid heat was all that was bothering me.

I spent a ton of time today packing up my room.  My kids all brought me gifts.  I love that part of teaching!  :)  I got a lot of neat stuff and a little "parting gift" from the center.  That was nice!!

And ya know what?  God's got a plan for my future.  I'm not worried about it.  The interview(s) that I have coming up go the way God intended.  The words that spill from my mouth will be what God has me to say.  And if I'm supposed to get one of these jobs, He'll work out those details.  I just have to sit back & relax and let Him handle it.

I decided in the past 24 hours that there are tons of jobs out there---even if some of them aren't the most 'glamourous'.  I mean, really.....there are video stores, restaurants, retail stores and all sorts of places that typically are run by teenagers & college kids.  If all the jobs w/ the school system don't work out & I walk into one of those places at the end of the summer telling them that I'm willing to promise them the following nine months' time, I bet they'd jump on that!  I mean, most college kids/teens aren't exactly the most reliable or dependable & if they have an ADULT committed to be at work 5 days/week for nine months, that's better than most of their regular employees!  I could feasibly get a new job every August and quit at the end of the school year to spend summers at home w/ the kids.  I could spend every year doing something different, exploring the world via all sorts of different jobs.  It could be a great adventure, right?  :)

Seriously, that's an option......  I'm still going to be hunting for jobs in the meantime, but if the summer comes & goes and I am still looking, I will definately consider the possibility of something like this (above).

If you hear of someone looking for a willing, dependable, loyal employee to work during the school year only from 8:30 or 9:00 til 2:00 or 2:30, give them my name!  I'm their girl!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck:)

Deb