Monday, May 21, 2007

quick update

We are waiting for daddy to get home so we can eat supper.  The kids are watching a movie we got at the library today, so I'm free for a few minutes.

Just a quick update on things I've posted about recently----

I think the interview went ok Friday.  I didn't come away with 2 best friends or anything, but I did feel pretty good about how it went as far as the impression I made goes.  Over the weekend, however, I felt a strong sense of "this isn't the right job for you".  It doesn't help any that there were other candidates better qualified.  I didn't feel like I'd ever really be comfortable doing the job.  I was afraid I'd spend the year sorta 1/2 way doing the job, hoping to get it done correctly.  It just wasn't something I'd ever get relaxed in, so I withdrew my application this morning.  Now I'm just moving onto the other things I applied for.  We'll see what happens with those.

We heard from Andrew & Kourtney Saturday night.  It was such a great phone call!!  Things are going better than we had previously understood them to be so that's awesome!  One sad thing, though, was that Kourtney got on the phone w/ me & cried & cried.  She wants to come back here.  :(  I felt so horrible having to tell her she couldn't.  If I could have her back, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I love Andrew with my all my heart, but I know it just doesn't work with him here.  I never had a problem with Kourtney & would love to have been able to keep her here.  :::sigh:::  God is in control, God is in control....(gotta keep reminding myself)

On Sunday night, Savannah did her last performance w/ the children's choir at church.  Although they don't officially promote til later on, this was the last performance.  My baby girl is going into the Youth group!  Sniff, sniff...where did I put that Kleenex?

All is well around here.  PTL, He is good!

 

No comments: