Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to School!!!

It's that time of year again!  The smell of new pink erasers, the rustling of packages of notebook paper & new binders.  The squeak of new tennis shoes on hallway floors.  The groan of children being drug out of their slumber to get dressed & eat breakfast....oh wait, that's me groaning, not the kids.

Tomorrow my children, like many others in the country, will start back to school.  Getting up early...ugh.  That's my least favorite part of going back to school.  (Can you understand that I'm a big fan of sleep here?)

Savannah, my big 11 year old, will begin 6th grade.  Yikes...which one of you gave her permission to get so big?  I know it wasn't me!  She got her schedule today & walked the halls of the school to locate classrooms & such.  She's excited, but I think it's mostly because she'll have a locker for the first time.  Wonder how long that'll last?

Samuel, my 7 year old, is starting 2nd grade.  I haven't alerted his teacher yet, but his best buddy from church is in the class.  That either means they'll have a great year.....or the teacher will hate them both by Christmas.  Not sure which way that'll go yet.  ha ha!  Either way, my big (little) boy is excited.  He's at a new campus (well, new to him) this year and he's happy about the idea of starting fresh and doing new things all on his own.  Last year, Sarah & Kourtney were at his school, so he always had a sibling/family member with him.  This year, he's Big Man on Campus (in his eyes, anyway).

Sarah, my 6 year old, is beginning 1st grade.  I'll be honest...I'm still bummed that she didn't get our first choice for teacher (the lady Samuel had last year).  But, I'm happy with who she got & I am looking forward to what a new year and a new teacher brings.  Sarah is also on a campus all by herself (without me or Samuel or Kourtney anyway) and while she's a little nervous about that aspect of things, I know it'll be good for her independance to make it on her own.  She's still pretty firmly connected to the umbilical cord, so I'm curious to see how this goes.

I am also starting a new job.  We had our first inservice day on Friday.  It was full & busy, mostly with meetings all day, so I'm anxious to get into my classroom & get it organized.  I've got a HUGE job ahead of me in that b/c there is a ton of furniture in there.  I'm not sure if I'll keep it all or not.  I will be working some serious muscles in the next couple days with all the moving & rearranging I'll be doing.  But (:::girl power grunt:::) I'll get it done!

Have a good first day of school everyone!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


 Your Mama is very proud of "her baby" and what a wonderful Mom and teacher you have become.  Happy first day of school to the kids, and new adventure for you!  I'm sure all of you will do fine.  I love all of you SOOOO much.
                                       Mom

Anonymous said...

Hoping that the kids all had great first days of a new school year. And that you get all you want to get done in the coming days...when do you start school???

Anonymous said...

I hope the first day went well for all:)

Deb