Monday, August 6, 2007

Savannah's 11! (and other thoughts of a busy day)

Eleven years ago today, I was holding my nearly 3-hours-old baby girl.  I was a mommy for the first time and as I stared at this little angel, I had no idea how much a decade would change my life.  (well...a little over a decade)  It's amazing to see how much life can throw at ya in such a short time.  While Savannah was a veryyyyy difficult baby & toddler & preschooler, she is such a sweetheart these days.  Sure, she has the typical preteen quirks, but I really couldn't be more proud of her.  She is becoming a beautiful Godly young lady and I'm honored to be her mama.

Today we started the day with our traditional birthday morning breakfast----cake!  She opened a present from us (a Chicken Little soundtrack CD, magazine subscription & a giant Rice Krispy treat which she's saving for the trip) and then proceeded to get a full day worth of phone calls, emails, cards, etc.  She was really blissed out when we went to the mall & she got three Neopets magazines for $6.50!  (they usually cost $10/ea, but these were clearanced b/c they're out of date, which was just fine with her!)  We went to Claire's & she got some funny little rubbery grassburr looking earrings.  They're very interesting...ya gotta see 'em to really 'get' what they look like.  Larry got some tennis shoes while we were there & I got one last thing I needed for the trip.  Tonight when I tucked her in, she said "I don't want this day to end!".

Today we got all the carry-on bags packed (well, mine & the kids anyway...Larry can handle his own).  We're packing up tomorrow & will be out the door earlyyyyyyy Wednesday morning.  We're getting giddy around here!!!

Please include my mom in your prayers.  Her name is Faye.  She's having some health issues that are bothering her.  I won't go into too many details here, but I know she'd appreciate your prayers.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Savannah:) enjoy your vacation
will keep your mom in prayer


Deb

Anonymous said...

praying for your mom...
have a great trip!
Becky