Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary Larry!

Tomorrow is mine & Larry's 13th anniversary, but we will actually celebrate 15 years together b/c we dated for 2 years before we got married.  Anyway, I wrote this for him & wanted to share it w/ the world.  I may not be on much tomorrow, so I'm sharing it today instead.

 

Happy Anniversary Larry!

Fifteen years ago, you walked into my life. I remember the day I met you like it was yesterday. I was at the salad bar at Mazzio's, cleaning up & refilling things. You were standing at the end of the front counter with our manager, Randy. He was giving you your first week's schedule & commenting to you about where you'd parked. I am not sure why those particular details are so vivid, because in those first moments I layed eyes on you....I knew. There was something special about you. There was an immediate chemistry, something that told me you were "the one". Call it butterflies, call it a spark, call it whatever you want. For us, there was absolutely *something* at first sight & I haven't stopped feeling it since. Some people are never lucky enough to share what we do. Some people only feel it briefly when they first fall in love -- that crazy, head over heels, silly, flirty, can't-get-enough-of-you thing. I've been lucky enough to feel that way for the past 15 years.

In the weeks that followed our meeting, we flirted & eventually began dating. Two years later we were married. On that day, August 20, 1994, I felt like I was on top of the world, floating on a cloud. I had a starry-eyed romantic view of life & 'just knew' that nothing could ever be better than the way I felt about you that day. Boy was I wrong.

In the years since we've been married, the love I have for you has only grown. The intensity & passion I feel for you can't begin to compare to the way I felt on the day we were married. Of course it hasn't all been wine & roses, candlelight & starry skies along the way. We have had our share (and then some) of hard times, but our relationship has remained constant through it all. I never would've dreamed 15 years ago that I'd be standing here today, having lived through all we have, and still holding you as closely as ever, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you for sticking it out in the tough times & celebrating with me in the good times. You are my best friend and I amso blessed to have you in my life.

You are my sunshine, my blue sky, my cool breeze on a hot day. You are the one who quenches my thirst, the key to everything that brings me happiness. Where I fail, you succeed. What I can't see, you describe for me. When I am losing the battle, you step in like a knight in shining armor to save me. You are all that I've ever wanted and I am so grateful for your place in my life.

Everyone who knows me will tell you that I'm ready for Heaven whenever God chooses to bring me home or returns for us. I can't imagine the depth of excitement I will feel when that trumpet sounds. But until that day, I want nothing more than my little piece of "heaven" right here on earth--with you.

Thank you for loving me the way you do. Looking forward to the next 15 years with you.

All my love, Liz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post Liz!


Happy Anniversary Liz and Larry!! May the Lord bless you with many, many more happy years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Larry and Liz:)

Deb