Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Dec 22

Last night, Larry & I took the kids to my parents' house for supper. While Larry & Samuel stalked the elusive deer (went hunting), we ate & waited to hear the blast of Larry's gun. Unfortunately, he never saw anything so we don't have any new deer meat today. Afterward, we went with my parents to their church for a walk-through Bethlehem production. It was sweet. Their church's youth group were most of the characters. Larry & I talked later about how it was very simply done, but the message was conveyed just as well as a big million-dollar production that you might see elsewhere. We enjoyed it.

We got home & got everyone settled for the night and went about our mutual vegging....Larry in front of the TV, me by the computer. Then it happened. Samuel walked in & said "Mommy, I feel like I'm going to throw up." I ran with him to the bathroom, where he did indeed do just as he'd said. After quite the lengthy session huddled over the toilet, he was tucked back into bed with a big mixing bowl & a thick towel on the floor next to his bed....just in case.

Moments later, Sarah began coughing.

Ugh........I figured it would be a long night, but thankfully, no one barfed during the night & the cough syrup slowed her coughing & let her sleep, which means mommy got to sleep.

Speaking of sleep....I had intended to try & sleep late today. That didn't happen. There was too much early-morning noise in my house for that. Sigh. Oh well, maybe a nap this afternoon?

2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Well, I am hoping the puking and coughing have subsided at your home. Grace has actually been "poop" free since 7am, and is putting out some good wet diapers. So, maybe she is on the mend.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Lisa

Liz said...

Update:
No one has puked the rest of the day....and I got in a nap!!!