Thursday, December 25, 2008

Post #2--Christmas afternoon/evening

The day has continued to be a great one!! After opening gifts, Larry & I planned to go back to bed (after all, we were done by 7:30am...yawn!). We crawled into bed & Larry dozed off almost immediately, but I was too wired to doze off, so that's when I posted the morning's pictures. The kids played quietly for a long time, all consumed by their gifts & each other's company. (I know...WOW!) Finally about 10:30 I got drowsy so I got into bed to doze for a few minutes. It ended up being a very short while. The alarm was set for 11:00. In the thirty minutes I (could have) had to sleep, I think I broke up 3 arguments, spelled words for 2 children and answered the phone once. So much for a short nap. ha!

We got up & moving at 11:00. We went to the Spine & Joint Hospital to visit a church member who had the same spinal fusion surgery that Larry had 2 years ago. We visited for a while, prayed for her & then headed to the movies! It is our Christmas tradition to go to the movies on Christmas day. Apparently the news got out that the theaters are open on Christmas because wow...there were a LOT of people there! We saw The Tale of Despereaux. It was a really cute movie about a little mouse who saves the day, fighting like a knight to rescue the Princess. It's safe for the whole family if you're looking for a movie to see over the holiday break.
Part way through the movie, a church member called to tell us that they'd had a baby today! When the movie was over, we went for a 2nd hospital visit, held a teeny little baby, hugged the new mama & daddy and prayed for them. What a sweet little Christmas gift!

By the time we finished up there, it was 5:00. I was hungry because my movie theater "lunch" had been a bit of a flop. [I guess SOME people can spread a 1/2 Tablespoon of cheese over 75 chips, but for me, that just isn't "nachos". After about 6 chips, the cheese was gone.] We were driving home when we saw that Whataburger was open. Wow! We decided to get dinner there. For the first time in AGES, we went inside & sat down to eat at a fast food place. I can't even remember the last time we did that. We dumped everyone's fries together & were astounded at the mound it made. Even for 5 people, this was a TONNNNN of fries!


I forgot how yummy a Whataburger cheeseburger is! I don't remember the last time I had one, but I'm so glad we stopped tonight. What a treat!
We came home & made another Birthday Cake for Jesus and some layered dip for my family's get together tomorrow. By the time we finish up the holidays, we'll all have to be rolled back to work & school. ha ha! Oh well....January 1st & all those New Year's Resolutions are coming up, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun day

Brian Stinecipher said...

Mmmmmm.....Whataburger!

SandyL said...

Sounds like you had a great day.. I have never had a Whataburger before.. Aww a Christmas Baby....

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love the family photo! I also LOVE ME SOME WHATABURGER!! I love a Whataburger with cheese and mayo "all the way". I also like there fries, that is when I can't have McDonald's fries. How bad am I? Ha ha. I am glad you all had a great day.