Thursday, December 25, 2008

Post #1-- Christmas morning pictures

The first moment of our day was filled with Scripture, the story of Jesus's birth from the Bible. (Luke 2)
Then it was time to light the candles & sing happy birthday. (In case you can't tell, it says "I Love U J" at the bottom. Samuel wrote that. The J stands for Jesus.)

After we had our birthday cake & milk for breakfast, it was time to go into the living room & see what Santa brought. Samuel rounded the corner first. I love the look on his face. :)
I figured I better catch this full-body hug on camera. I may never see it again. :)
(Savannah gave Samuel & Sarah her Gameboy for Christmas! Clearly, Samuel was THRILLED.)

Samuel's Hulk pajamas are so soft!

Savannah likes her colorful socks!

Sarah & her Tinkerbell pillowcase

Samuel LOVES his cookbook & spent quite a while flipping through the pages.

I KNEW these would be her favorite! (that's her stack of old Neopets magazines)
Samuel's quite an enthusiastic gift opener. ha ha! He was jumping up & down with his basketball.

Samuel's new bullfrog Webkinz.

She had just said to Savannah, "Look! I got Littlest Pet Shop stuff!".

Samuel made the girls a little wooden box full of 'cootie catchers'...which the kids now call 'fortune tellers'. They are those little folded paper things we had as kids where you choose a number & then a color to learn your "fortune".

Savannah, showing off her lapboard in her favorite color

Sarah likes her pink one, too!

Like I said.....an enthusiastic gift opener!! ha ha!

When the kids left the living room with their loads of gifts, I heard Samuel quietly say "ahhh...it's been a good Christmas!" tee hee!

3 comments:

kfergueson said...

Ok, I apologize, but I MUST comment on your OCD-ness. I think it's absolutely hysterical that you pre-make boxes with the kids' names on them so that they can put all their stuff in them to carry them back to their rooms all neat and tidy. HAHAHAHA
Now I'll stop making fun....you know I love you.

Liz said...

LOL! You have me pegged don't ya?! I am totally OCD about a lot of things.

But actually, in this case, the labelled boxes are so that they can identify which pile of Santa gifts is which. Our living room isn't big enough to put out 3 piles of Santa gifts without them getting all mixed together in the morning.

Amanda said...

Awwww, you guys have some great traditions! How fun.